Performs complex Academic Advising, educational, professional, or other advising or training at the individual or group level as appropriate. Responsibilities may include analyzing special and/or complex problems. May coordinate and manage Academic Advising initiatives. May supervise Senior and other Academic Advisors. Performance is based on individual advising effectiveness and overall program results obtained. Work is performed under minimal supervision in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Evaluates admission files daily.
- Compares degree requirements and contents of courses offered by other colleges and universities.
- Counsels prospective students regarding prerequisites and admissions requirements.
- Schedules yearly recruitment visits including making reservations to recruitment programs, and payment and travel arrangements.
- Performs recruiting activities at colleges and universities.
- Maintains records for recruitment activities.
- Works closely with Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs on reporting admissions and recruiting statistics.
- Assists in answering phones and fielding questions about SOAHS degree programs and admission requirements.
- Assists preparing admission files using the imaging system.
- Performs related work as required.
- Observes work safety rules
- Assists with Convocation, Commencement, SOAHS Job Fair, and New Student Orientations.
- Assists with processing admission and/or current student correspondence.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus two years relevant experience.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students and ability to multi-task with ease.
Hourly Pay Range
15.38 - 25.96
Monthly Pay Range
2666.67 - 4500.00
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity employers and are in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Texas Commission on Human Rights Act (Texas Labor Code, Chapter 21), Americans with Disabilities Act as amended, and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.