Position Title |
Lead Admin Assistant
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV’s Community Development and Land Management Group manages a diverse portfolio of company landholdings to create value and provide a sustainable source of fiber grown to the highest environmental standards. Our real estate group is engaged in a variety of projects including master planning and community development, commercial and industrial efforts, and rural land sales. Our forestry business is responsible for the management of over 600,000 acres of company-owned land across the southeast.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a team of your peers to deliver advanced secretarial and administrative services? Key competencies for this diversified role include strong professional and interpersonal skills, a high degree of organization, basic accounting skill, and project management experience. You must demonstrate the ability to anticipate needs, to multi-task, and adapt quickly to changing priorities. Additionally, this position requires the diplomacy, tact, and judgment to appropriately handle and respond to telephone calls, visitors, and complex inquiries and communications, whether they originate internally, with the media, government officials and agencies, or the public. HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- In this position, you will provide administrative support for CDLM Real Estate Development staff and our Purchasing function.
- Answer telephones, greet visitors, and resolve or refer inquiries from internal sources, the media, government officials, agencies and other outside callers.
- Proactively manage multiple calendars and address conflicts; plan and arrange travel.
- Schedule and coordinate meeting and conference call logistics; prepare and compile meeting materials and project notebooks with minimal direction.
- Prepare and/or draft correspondence and reports; prepare communications, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and other materials from drafts.
- Support the monitoring and tracking of contracts and legal documents, changes, and addendums.
- Process payments, including set-up of recurring payments; code invoices as necessary; request checks and approvals; respond to issues with vendor management and payables.
- Establish and maintain up–to-date hard and electronic filing systems with multiple users.
- Prepare expense reports and track reimbursement activity.
- Assist in upkeep of websites, databases; run queries and reports.
- Maintain mailing and distribution lists.
- Preferred: Associate’s degree in Business, Office Management, or related field.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience as a senior administrative assistant; experience working in real estate and development, construction, or legal offices highly desired and strongly preferred.
- Prioritization skills with high degree of organization; deadline-oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with superb telephone demeanor; solid command of English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software, specifically with Excel, PowerPoint and Word; familiarity with Google email and calendars and Box.net desired.
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy in all facets of responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task as the norm of daily routine.
- Ability to work on sensitive, confidential matters essential.
- Strong customer-service focus.
- Demonstrated experience arranging large-scale meetings and conferences desired.
- Mathematics and accounting skills to reconcile accounts.
United States of America
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...