Lead Advanced Practice Provider
Job ID: 25926
Department: Orthopedics Clinic - RHSC
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - St Paul Specialty Ctr 435 Bldg
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: M-F Days, Occasional weekday and weekend call, voluntary weekend covarage
Hrs/Pay Period: 80
The Lead Orthopaedic Advanced Practice Provider will collaborate with the medical and administrative staff of the orthopaedic practice to develop and maintain mid-level coverage and call schedules, oversee the training/orientation for new mid-level staff, and maintain a proactive approach to needs across the care teams.
This position will serve as a clinical liaison to Regions Hospital and the orthopaedic department by assisting with providing feedback on supply/equipment needs to Value Analysis Committee, maintaining and updating surgeon preference lists, and serving as a clinical point of contact on new technology. The Lead APP-Ortho will also serve as a clinical liaison to orthopaedic nursing units by assisting with the development and maintenance of care plans, processes, order sets and protocols.
The Lead APP-Ortho will serve as a liaison and partner with designated orthopaedic
administration on the content of various committees representing orthopaedics and serve as the single point of contact among the mid-level staff and will also function as a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner. Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of and certification in an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
3-5 years experience in orthopaedic surgery (including both clinic and OR) environment which includes First Assisting.
* Ability to coordinate the activities of the other advanced practice providers and extenders on the service.
* Ability to act as liaison.
* Ability to perform as part of a team.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with peers, students and other health care personnel.
* Ability to work dependently and independently.
* Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and prioritizes appropriately.
* Knowledge of personal computers and appropriate software.
* Ability to access and analyze pertinent information in order to make care
* Ability to First and Second Assist.
Licensed as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner by the State of Minnesota.