Advises individuals and provides guidance services regarding complex issues of assigned area. Work is performed under minimal supervision in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Evaluates admission files daily.
- Compares degree requirements and contents of courses offered by other colleges and universities.
- Counsels prospective students regarding prerequisites and admissions requirements.
- Schedules yearly recruitment visits including making reservations to recruitment programs, and payment and travel arrangements.
- Performs recruiting activities at colleges and universities.
- Maintains records for recruitment activities.
- Works closely with Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Affairs on reporting admissions and recruiting statistics.
- Assists in answering phones and fielding questions about SOAHS degree programs and admission requirements.
- Assists preparing admission files using the imaging system.
- Ability to work well with faculty, staff and students; and ability to multi-task with ease.
- Performs related work as required.
- Observes work safety rules.'
- Assists with Convocation, Commencement, SOAHS Job Fair, and New Student Orientations.
- Assists with processing admission and/or current student correspondence.
- Assists with contacting applicants for missing supporting documents.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years related experience; OR a combination of education and/or progressively responsible related experience to equal seven (7) years.
- Current TTUHSC employee and previous experience in the School of Allied Health Sciences Office of Admissions and Student Affairs.
- Banner, Merlin, and Xtender experience.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University HSC - Lubbock
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Hourly Pay Range
13.94 - 21.15
Monthly Pay Range
2416.67 - 3666.67
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a six-school university...