Lead Analyst Ability to analyze business performance and provide constructive feedback and recommendations for improvement. Ability to work as a member of a team in a dynamic environment is required. Experience working with finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost analysis is required.
- The Business Analyst will serve within Network, interface with Technical IT Business Intelligence, and Data Warehousing teams, as well as the Finance / Accounting team.
- Responsibilities as part of business analysis include on-line report development, maintenance and enhancements.
- Should have business analysis skills involving unit costs; cost drivers; turnover ratios; etc.
- Skilled in gathering business requirements, trained to design and build, at both the user interface, and the requisite data modeling (i.e., strong at both client engagement and report development).
- Must be able to quickly understand a requirement, and then be able to mock up a working example of it, with an end user.
- Develop prototype reports and analysis that accurately reflects the needs of the end users so it can be streamlined and standardized.
- Business Analysis
- Provide insights on areas of the business where operational improvements can be made, using data analysis and other analysis of operations.
- Work with relevant teams within the business to scope, and define reporting & dashboard requirements and KPIs.
- Identifying the areas for improvements and business issues; analysis of trends; make appropriate recommendations for suggested solutions.
- Design, prepare and communicate the contents of repeatable reports with a focus on reports that facilitate ease of communication (concise and actionable).
- Ability to measure and discuss Process flows with a focus on process improvement.
- Ability to build and maintain QlikView dashboards and reports for key financial and operational metrics.
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses for decision support purposes.
- Conduct data validation of existing QlikView applications and new solutions to ensure continuous data accuracy, and front end ease-of-use.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups, to ensure business problems have been adequately resolved.
- Extract, query, consolidate, and compile data from SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MS Access databases using SQL and QlikView scripts.
- Demonstrable evidence of advanced database knowledge, including data handling and manipulation techniques.
- Maintain data quality check points, controls, and documentation, to ensure timely and accurate data updates, are feeding in from source systems, and flowing through to the dashboard GUI that is used for analysis.
- Ability to explain complex analysis to non-technical stakeholders.
- 5+ years of business analysis experience
- 5+ years Telecom - (Accounting, Finance, Budgeting, Metrics, Data, or related experience)
- 5+ years of experience delivering Business Intelligence / Business Analytics Solutions, including corporate dashboards.
- 5+ years of experience with database structure in some, or all of the following (SQL Server, Oracle, Toad, Access, etc.).
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline, or an MBA.
- Must be self-motivated, highly analytical, organized, and detail-oriented, with strong time management skills, and ability to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong data analysis skills, having a good understanding of relational databases, and the ability to produce complex reports.
- Good business perspective; ability and interest in understanding of complex business scenarios.
- Experience with SAP an advantage.
- 2-3+ years QlikView
- Tableau analysis tools experience preferred but not required.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 23 months ago
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...