Construction, Project and Cost Consultancy
United States-New York-New York
is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
seeks energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented,
Lead Project Financial Analyst
to join our team in New York, NY. In this role you will have the opportunity to lead a talented team of Project Financial Analysts in their efforts to support the technical staff of Faithful+Gould throughout the United States. In addition to managing the Analyst team, you will manage the work products to ensure appropriate levels of support and compliance with internal and external policies and regulations, coordinating the assignment of resources with the Financial Controller and directly supporting a wide variety of interesting and complex projects.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Directly manages all Project Financial Analysts and Invoicing Specialists in all office locations within assigned area of geographic responsibility. Reviews work of staff for completeness and accuracy. Provides mentoring. Ensures delivery of appropriate training.
- In consultation with the Financial Controller, monitors and adjusts the billing and analytical support provided to Project Managers (PMs) at each office location, shifting workload as required based on backlog. Works closely with peers to identify billing and analytical staff with specific expertise for projects or particular clients.
- Participates in kick-off meetings with project team.
- Provides guidance to staff and PMs regarding setup of billing and revenue terms and controls.
- May manage complex contracts.
- Liaises with Joint Venture accounting department.
- Maintains professional and management skill currency by attending seminars and taking continuing education courses.
- Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to stay updated on industry trends.
- Performs all work in compliance with company policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as defined by and implemented through key controls.
- Responsibility for reduction of missing and pending time in all office locations within assigned area of geographic responsibility.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
- The successful applicant will have five years of experience in financial and administrative work with at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- A working knowledge of Oracle is required.
- A proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite is required (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- This role requires a high level of analytical ability in order to gather and interpret data. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to plan for, prioritize, coordinate, and handle a variety of complex projects, contracts, accounting issues and information, interpreting and adapting established procedures and guidelines as necessary and appropriate.
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.
Faithful+Gould - 22 months ago