With a focus on leading a successful bakery team, the lead bakery clerk is a manager trainee, someone who strives to meet department goals and objectives while providing customers with great service, product expertise and the freshest, tastiest and best quality bakery products.
Some Job Responsibilities include:
Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management. Must be at least
- Managing the bakery operation while the bakery manager is not on duty.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Communicating directly with the bakery manager, store director and bakery specialist.
- Ordering the supplies and products necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Merchandising bakery goods in accordance with bakery merchandising standards.
- Observing all store rules and company policies directing all team members to do the same.
- Executing and supporting bakery department sales and merchandising initiatives.
- Serving as the leader of his/her department, a role model, coach, performance evaluator and trainer for his/her team.
- Ensuring department and team compliance with heath department and weights and measures requirements.
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, processing checks, EBTs, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Wrapping, bagging, boxing, weighing, slicing, finishing, and stocking bakery department products, rotating them as necessary to ensure quality and safety.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Helping decorators and bakers with the personalization of cakes and icing of cakes, donuts, sweet rolls and etc.
- Become an effective bakery manager.
- Lead others within the bakery department, setting goals and objectives, acknowledging member performance and holding the team accountable for achieving department goals.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, business forms, and posted company policies/procedures and write pertinent department documents.
- Learn a wide variety of bakery products produced within the bakery, as well as pre-packaged bakery items.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to run a register, fill and rotate products quickly, bag and box products and use necessary equipment, including knives, bread slicers and scales.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech, also communicating in writing when necessary.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Lift and maneuver up to 50 lbs,
- Often work in walk-in refrigerated coolers, and at times near ovens, burners and donut fryers.
- Work with all sorts of flours, baking ingredients, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- A positive attitude towards your job, customers and fellow team members.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organizational skills.
- A desire to take charge, directing the team towards accomplishment of goals.
- Excellent verbal and good written communications skills.
- A desire to continuously learn and improve.
- Acting as a role model for great productivity, customer service, and communications.
- A desire to serve as a coach and mentor.
- A creative nature and a true love for decorating and/or baking.
- 2 years ago - save job