The incumbent will install, reconnect, disconnect, trouble-shoot and repair broadband communication system video and high-speed data services in compliance with company technical standards from consumer device to exterior tap location. Resolve customer service complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
Perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
Mastery of all skill sets of the Broadband Technician
Perform quality audit inspections
All aspects of broadband video and high speed data installation, service and repair between the tap and customer premise equipment (CPE);
Trouble-shoot and resolve customer service and installation complaints,
Assist in the planning and direction of Broadband Technicians
Assist in the training and evaluation of Broadband Technicians
Participate in on-call rotation
Assure system security by following company procedures
Identify and report all incidents of noncompliance (FCC, NESC, OSHA and WOW standards)
Provide superior customer service
Complete all tasks to WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone quality standards
Represent WOW! Internet-Cable-Phone in a competent and professional manner to all customers, associates, and outside organizations
Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
Maintain excellent attendance
Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
Other duties as assigned, which may include cross functional assignments
Requirements / Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Ability to use assigned test equipment including but not limited to signal level meter (SLM), leakage detector, volt OHM meter,
- Ability to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Ability to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Ability to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Ability to read street maps
- Ability to work flexible hours as required, including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. One to two years of experience in the broadband communication field preferred.
Computer Skills :
Basic computer skills are preferred, including internet and e-mail.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work while standing most of the time
· Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather
· Ability to carry tools and equipment
· Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching
· Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28’ & 75lbs)
· Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
· Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles)
· Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, shovels and other hand tools
· Ability to work with small components
· Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus
· Ability to work in poorly vented areas such as attics, in extreme temperatures
· Ability to move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp
· Ability to lift up to 90 pounds
· Physically able to work computer equipment and test equipment
· Ability to work in environments that may contain dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions
· Ability to work safely near power lines and electrical equipment
· Ability to drive Company vehicles in a safe manner
· Must be able to meet the physical limit requirements of personal protective equipment, aerial lift equipment, ladders and/or gaffs that may be used in this position.
WOW! is proud to serve a number of communities in the Midwest and Southeast. We started out in 1996 delivering cable TV service in Illinois,...