Our Fortune 500 client in downtown Cleveland is in need of a Lead Business Analyst for a permanent position.
Great Relo package!
Lead Business Analyst (Change Management)
The Lead Business Analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. Understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Interprets and transforms information based on business requirements and provides the data for delivery and configuration. Incumbent configures the solution that is to be implemented. The Lead Business Analyst works closely with business sponsors and multiple IT departments and functions to accomplish the goals of the business and IT communities.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead the analyzing, documenting, and improvement of workflows, processes, and standards.
- Lead and facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Lead the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stockholders.
Acquisition and Deployment.
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of projects.
- Gather business and functional requirements from clients and business users.
- Plan, develop, perform detailed configuration, and implement, information system solutions in conjunction with users and developers.
- Lead post-project analysis to reflect upon successes, failures, and lessons learned.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- Utilize existing systems to track and manage requests and issues.
- Provide business reports to management and clients.
- Analyze application defects to determine if they fall within scope of project requirements.
- Work with the Quality Assurance teams to build and validate test cases against all requirements.
- Train and teach other business analysts.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the company
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach and mentor team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and
accountability for their assigned work.
- Delegate day-to-day tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel as required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years IT and/or Business experience.
- 2+ years Hewlett-Packard (HP) Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) configuration experience preferred.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
- Leading groups involved in the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of systems in a large networked environment.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project, HP PPM (Project and Portfolio Management), etc.
- Demonstrated skill with presentation and communications tools such as MS PowerPoint, Visio, etc.- Six Sigma, ‘Lean’, ITIL/ITSM training or certification is beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Highly responsive and alert to new learning opportunities, growth and development of technical, interpersonal and business skills.
- Motivated and competent to develop objectives and timelines to accomplish goals.
- Attentive to detail with focus on multitasking and the application of resources required to achieve goals.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research, determines issues, identify solutions and propose business/technical solutions.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong individual contributor and team player among peers, management, clients and vendors.
- Flexibility, able to adapt to change and embrace it.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Randstad Technologies - 19 months ago
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...