Fairview Health Services is seeking a Lead Business Analyst for a position on the IT Portfolio Management Team.
The Lead Business Analyst works closely with business customers and other IT team members to plan, lead, and perform the requirements gathering and management processes. This person in this position will be experienced in and expected to (1) develop and facilitate processes to define and document requirements for the most complex customer requests; (2) to lead and facilitate customer and IT requirements gathering; (3) to construct and present effective requirements documentation; (4) to coordinate high-level business and solution impact assessments; (5) to contribute to project scope and planning deliverables; (6) to contribute to Quality Assurance test case development; (7) to lead requirements tracking and verification activities; (8) to lead efforts in improving the business analysis methodology and practices being used; and to (9) provide training, mentoring, and deliverable review services to other business analysts.
Preferred candidates must demonstrate a track record of exceptional customer service, leadership, facilitation, organization, written and verbal communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. The candidate must be highly proficient in the use of typical business analysis tools and techniques, and must be highly effective in working both as a team member and independently. Knowledge of clinical care processes and business practices is a plus, but specific clinical application expertise is not a requirement.
Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years directly applicable experience or any combination of post-secondary education and directly applicable experience totaling 4 years.
Preferred – Bachelor’s Degree in a business or clinical informatics discipline and post-graduate degree or demonstrated commitment to continuing education. IIBA Certification a plus.
Minimum- 8 years applicable experience plus 5 years of business requirements gathering and management experience.
Preferred experience will demonstrate
- skill in methodical business requirements analysis and management and creation of effective work products
- skill in applying business analysis in the context of both process and technology solution implementations and enhancements
- knowledge of information technologies and architecture
- experience in the development and adoption of business analysis methodology tools and techniques
- ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- ability to build collaborative working relationship with peers and customers
Fairview Health Services - 8 months ago