This position is responsible for providing direction and
leadership to high priority Market Operations
assignments and projects. The person in this role will
create business requirements, work with Information
Technology on software specifications, plan and conduct
the system testing of the software, design and develop
business processes and training documentation, and
coordinate overall acceptance testing for new or
evolving business solutions.
• Determine control activities in accordance with SSAE
16 requirements; create and maintain processes and
procedures required to properly verify settlement
results in accordance with the effective Tariff and
• Perform complex ad-hoc queries and analysis for ISO
Management and other ISO personnel to support decision
• Assist in the testing of software changes and
evaluating their impact on business procedures.
• Review and propose changes to internal processes and
procedures based upon the Tariff, Manuals and best
• Function as the Subject Matter Expert (SME)
responsible for answering Market specific questions as
well as being able to explain the interactions and
dependencies between the Markets.
• Create and maintain Settlement training materials, and
conduct training on areas of expertise.
• Perform special projects as assigned by Market
Analysis and Settlements Management.
• For Lead Business Analyst: 8 - 12 years of experience
in the utility industry, or related experience
• For Senior Business Analyst: 6 - 10 years of
experience in the utility industry, or related
• 3 – 5 years of experience in the design, development,
testing and implementation of business processes and
• Knowledge of business analysis methodologies
• Strong project management and facilitation skills.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of the electric energy markets and the
role of the various market products in the wholesale
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency in Word and Excel
Any of the following are desired:
• Proficiency in Visual Basic for applications
• High-level understanding of power system operations
• Experience with customer service
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration,
Electrical Engineering, Accounting, or related field or
equivalent degree and/or significant related experience.
(6 – 10+ years)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for
employment are considered without regard to race, creed,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital
status, national origin, age, disability, status as a
veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the
Reserves or National Guard. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
We are an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is located in Holyoke, MA.
Other Skills :
ISO New England - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Guardian of the Gris: ISO New England is the independent, not-for-profit corporation that ensures the constant availability of electricity...