The Lead Cashier at the National Aquarium, Washington DC venue assists in the supervision of the admissions staff while ensuring world class customer service. The Lead Cashier demonstrates good sales skills and has the information and training to execute their required duties. In addition, the Lead Cashier assists the Director of Operations with all administrative work in support of the admissions department, such as cash accounting, scheduling, etc.
• Demonstrates and ensures excellent service at all times
o Ensures proper money handling procedures are being followed including those for cashier drawer reconciliation, ticket and coupon redemption, change fund verification/exchange, large bill drops and maintains the integrity of cash security procedures.
o Monitors supply inventory and alerts Director of Operations when supplies are needed
o Keeps a regular log of equipment problems and troubleshoots hardware problems..
o Promotes and practices world class service and leads by example working proactively, effectively, and efficiently to meet operational goals.
o Ensures the flow and integrity of the queuing line.
o Works in concert with Visitor Services Supervisors/Advocate staff to maintain an orderly ticketing queue area
o Remains visible to guests and assists with all guest needs
o Trains cashiers on the Paciolan ticketing system.
o Trains staff on world class customer service and sales techniques
• Ensures departmental and individual compliance with Aquarium policies.
o Ensures the cleanliness of the work area.
o Supports the visitor experience by being a role model of an informed Aquarium representative.
o Serves as support to the Director of Operations.
• High School degree required
• Associates degree or some college coursework preferred
• At least one year of work experience in a high volume cash environment required with supervisory experience a plus
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem solving & decision making skills