Share our pride. Join our mission. As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.|
5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Change Management Advisor for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in the development and delivery of Change Management solutions. Leads most highly complex initiatives that are strategic in nature and have substantial impact on Enterprise bottom line by coordinating all change deliverables and change resources assigned to the initiative.
- Team Lead that acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Monitors performance of implemented solutions via quality assurance review and continuously improves implementation capability. Ensures proper remediation is taking place for all change when required.
- Mentors less experienced team members to assist in their training and development, and serves as team lead for work assignments to appropriate staff resources. Facilitates a monthly forum to clarify or introduce revised/new methodology, tools or processes.
- Ensures understanding and adoption of common methodology and standards related to change management, communication processes or process improvements.
- Facilitates and negotiates with most Sr. Leaders to ensure understanding of change strategy and ensure proper delivery and will provide subject matter expertise that may alter change effort.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent work experience).
- 8+ years process improvement, project management or relevant product line experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools.
- Expert knowledge of change management discipline.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with high-level executives as a trusted business advisor.
- Clearly communicate what is expected of key stakeholders at all levels and exert influence without authority in a matrix organization.
- Experience in the planning and execution of strategic change management practices in support of organizational and cultural changes, large scale transformational programs, and strategic planning efforts.
- Prosci certification.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...