Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of
environmental, energy and industrial services serving
over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500
companies, thousands of smaller private entities and
numerous federal, state, provincial and local
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors
has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste
management facilities, throughout North America in 37
U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto
Rico. The Company also operates international locations
in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits
including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee
Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work
environment and require a pre-employment drug screen.
All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security
background checks, and some positions may require
pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
SUMMARY PARAGRAPH OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead CleanPack Chemist is responsible for the
supervision and oversight of daily lab pack jobs,
household hazardous waste (HHW) collections, and
projects with demonstrated proficiency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
following policies, processes, and acting in a safe
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by
manner at all times.
lab pack projects/jobs nationally.
- Responsible for the safe and compliant execution of
mentoring and providing input for performance reviews
- Responsible for the site training of new hires,
for those employees assigned to the crew.
procedures and understand customer specific disposal
- Adhere to and enforce field standard operating
options/special packaging requirements.
site safety meetings and managing projects/jobs
- Execute project/jobs according to budget, conducting
according to site safety plans.
needs and requests to the CleanPack Coordinator and
- Ensure customer satisfaction by communicating customer
conducts project/job scopes and on-site interaction with
solve packing problems, define new guidelines, update
- Act as a liaison between the plant and field to help
- Keep manifest discrepancies requiring call back to a
maintenance, when needed.
- Perform daily equipment inspections and equipment
scope or cost overruns to customer and documents the
- Responsible for the communication of changes in work
customer acknowledgment of the change order; Understands
customer specific disposal restrictions/special
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and work
- Transport hazardous materials/waste within the
with any DOT exemptions or which CHES is a party to.
limitations and placards hazardous material vehicles
- Manage log books within guidelines, understand vehicle
within DOT, EPA regulations and Clean Harbors
Environmental Services, Inc., policies and procedures;
Develop an understanding of permit requirements.
reports, trip & dispatch reports to the CleanPack
- Complete and turn in driver logs, vehicle inspections
Coordinator, in a timely manner and understand accident
procedures (who and when to notify); Responsible for the
overall quality control of waste materials to be
driver of an expedient pick-up. Properly load and
- Print required labels and label drums and assure
segregate for compatibility the waste materials on
and supply areas.
- Ensure upkeep and cleanliness of assigned equipment
conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies
- Ensure drum count is correct, match paperwork and drum
and procedures of Clean Harbors Environmental Services,
to time by management and will be required by the needs
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time
of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and complexity of the work being
performed by personnel assigned to this classification,
and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks,
duties, and responsibilities required of personnel
assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or
restrict the work that may be assigned.
B.S./B.A. degree or related experience (preferred).
1-2 years lab pack experience.
- Reactive chemical certification.
- 40 Hour OSHA Training.
- Picric acid and unknown handling certification
- *Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI,
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
- No preventable accidents in the past year
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3
Reckless driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e.,
definition below). Commercial drivers license- Class
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record (*see
“B/C” with hazardous materials (preferred).
regulations, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) waste
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT)
codes and RCRA requirements/restrictions (required).
Restrictions (LDR) (preferred)PC skills.
- Customer service/sales experience (preferred).
- Knowledge of manifesting and Land Disposal
an aptitude to complete assigned work.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to perform multiple tasks.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- Able to travel.
- Able to work with little if no direct supervision and
- Able to make real-time decisions in the field.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal
- Proficient in Windows based applications.
- Stand for extended hours (8 hrs or more)
- Ability to operate a pallet-jack with weights >800
- Ability to physical operate hand tools such as
pounds; Lab Packs (Drum Max Weight 452 pounds); Ability
- Ability to move drum cart w/ drums exceeding 800
to maneuver onto a pallet or platform; Be able to lift
Max Weight of 50 pounds.
over 4 ft; Ability to climb stairs in access of two to
- Climb into and out of vehicles exceeding heights of
Clean Harbors is an Equal Opportunity Employer
# of Openings : 1
Req. Code : 28174
Offer Relocation : No
Clean Harbors Environmental Services - 18 months ago
Hazardous-waste management company Clean Harbors does more than its name suggests. Its major business lines are its technical services...