The description is provided below but the candidate needs to also be:
• extremely strong in scripting and have extensive/recent experience in scripting and automation of cloud management platform.
• able to script provisioning of images/templates, integration to other tools like monitoring/alerting/capacity/asset management/ticketing, integration and scripting for deployment and configuration management using tools like Chef and puppet,
• hands-on and having extensive experience with encryption, including encryption at rest using tools such as safenet
This position is for a lead cloud infrastructure specialist - to be part of and possibly provide technical leadership to a team that engineers and operates a cloud management platform for cloud infrastructure services (IaaS) from a public cloud provider (Terremark). The team will also responsible to integrate the cloud management platform with other internal Enterprise system management tools. Subsequently this role will also require engineering and implementing an internal private cloud and expanding the cloud management platform to the internal cloud, thereby forming a single pane of glass cloud management platform across a hybrid cloud solution. Responsibilities include but may not b limited to:
• Gather business and application needs; Design cloud infrastructure to address application requirements
• Create and manage cloud OS images
• Deploy & configure cloud management platform (ScaleXtreme, Enstratus, RightScale, or other)
• Deploy & configure automation framework (ScaleX, Puppet, Chef, Rundeck, and/or other)
• Deploy and Configure encryption and tokenization service tools working with SafeNet professional services
• Custom scripting and app packaging to include database and middleware components (in partnership with business unit resources)
• Configure networking (s2s VPN, load balancing, ssl cert & termination solution)
• Policy compliance approvals for VPN, intra-cloud network, Internet edge firewall config
• Keep templates patched to appropriate compliance levels
• Facilitate scans (as applicable) to meet InfoSec requirements; implement encryption for data at rest and in transit
• Ensure appropriate monitoring/event management is put in place, and own incident and problem management.
• Generate availability and consumption reports, and review periodically with stakeholders
This position requires hands on experience with having set up a functional cloud management platform for public and/or private cloud with at least 3 years of having managed a cloud management platform.
• Cross functional infrastructure engineering and operational experience (Compute, storage and network); Database/middleware knowledge preferable
• Proven experience in creating scripts/templates for provisioning infrastructure components to the cloud - including but not limited to OS, storage, network (vlAN, F/W, load balancers), database and middleware
• Experience in automating workflows/packages for application releases
• Working experience in the following technology areas – set up of cloud mgmt. platforms (scaleXtreme, Rightscale, VCenterOps/VCAC etc, workload automation tools like chef/puppet, scripting, infrastructure design, encryption tools
• Good understanding of key ITIL processes such as event, incident , problem and configuration management and experience creating/working with a cloud services catalog
• Good communication and collaboration skills to work closely with senior engineering business unit members, and with cloud service vendors.
• Conceptual understanding of cryptography technologies and methods (PKI, key management, tokenization, etc.)
Ab Ovo, Inc. - 15 months ago