Job Title: |
Lead Communications Strategist, Group Insurance
New York, NY
As MetLife strive s to become a truly world-class, more customer-centric business, working as One MetLife around the world , it's an exciting time to be part of the Global Communications team.
In Global Communications, we have a vital role to play in ensuring this success, helping MetLife build and protect a compelling, consistent, coherent global reputation and engaging a wide range of stakeholders both externally and internally.
This is a transformational time for Global Communications, as we:
- Our goal is to align and energize MetLife employees to support the company's strategy and tell an engaging MetLife story in a way that increases the receptivity of our external stakeholders.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Align ourselves with MetLife’s global structure and operating model.
- Shift the way we operate from tactical to strategic and proactive.
- S trive to become world class as we build communications and operational capability to function globally.
The Lead Communications Strategist is an experienced communications professional that serves as a business partner and provides strategic counsel and support for MetLife’s Group, Voluntary & Worksite and Corporate Benefit Funding businesses.
Key responsibilities of the role include developing and executing integrated communications strategies that, in conjunction with the efforts of advertising, marketing and business partners, influence a wide range of internal and external audiences. This individual must be able to analyze business strategy, develop communication plans and execute them. He/she will engage and direct leaders in an active and collaborative communication planning and implementation process.
This individual must understand and manage internal and external communications, including business-to-business and business-to-consumer activities, targeting a wide range of stakeholder groups including MetLife senior business leaders and employees, employers and plan sponsors, employees and consumers, benefits brokers, media and more. He/she must have the ability to lead and participate in global cross-functional teams on projects supporting multiple business lines, and interact with individuals outside Global Communications to provide integrated communication support to leaders.
As a global company with operations in more than 40 countries, MetLife’s communications are more important than ever. This is an opportunity to work with a global team large enough to have varied and engaging experiences, yet still have the ability to have an impact and be recognized.
- Develop and execute integrated, strategic internal and external communications plans to support objectives and shape positive business outcomes
- Provide counsel to senior leaders on communications strategies and secure buy-in on approaches
- Simplify complex ideas and strategies from the business to internal and external audiences, understanding how to make them relevant
- Foster teamwork and help provide developmental opportunities for associates
- Work effectively through shared processes with others at all levels within the organization
- Effectively manage and deliver communication through a variety of channels using current technology
The successful candidate will be recognized as an excellent communicator and business partner. He/she will be recognized as being a true professional in the field of communications.
- At least 8 years of experience in communications and public relations.
- Track record of success in developing and executing integrated communications approaches
- Experience working with senior business leaders
- Bachelors degree in communication, journalism, or related field
- Familiar with current technology used for organizational communication
- Recognized as a team player who willingly shares knowledge and information with others
- Exercises sound judgment as a communications professional
- Produces high-quality work at a professional level
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication
- The ability to explain complex concepts and make them relevant to the multiple audiences
- Strong work ethic
- Public Relations agency experience preferred
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 8 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...