IES is a $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our nearly 3,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
•Company paid time off
•Choice of medical plan options
•Dental and vision coverage
•Company paid life insurance
•Company paid short-term disability insurance
Key responsibilities include:
Directly leading and working along with a crew of cabling / telecommunication technicians. Layout work, ensuring that equipment and information are on site to meet construction schedules and deadlines.
This role will provide hands on technical and administrative direction supervising large crews.
Ideal candidates will be BICSI Certified. Considered applicants will possess a minimum of 5 years experience in the data / communications industry, and have demonstrated understanding of Cat 5, 6, fiber optics (including terminations), Anaerobic, fusion splicing and Unicam.
Must possess sufficient knowledge of voice/data and security installations
Must possess past experience leading small to large projects
Certifications in either security or voice data preferred
Candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug test, MVR, and criminal history check.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
• Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
• Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
• Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
• Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
• Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
• Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
• Must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
• Must possess a minimum of six (6) months supervisory and/or managerial experience.
• Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
• Must know the universal communications color codes.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project)
• Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
Integrated Electrical Services - 8 months ago