CDM Smith is looking for a Lead Construction Representative in Chicago for the construction of a large water pump station project and/or large pipeline project acting as the client representative. As the lead member of this construction team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Supervise Resident Engineer’s in performance of assigned duties, e.g., interpretation of plans and specifications and applications of construction techniques.
• Performs administrative and managerial tasks related to field office and personnel procedures for multiple construction contracts.
• Assist construction coordinator as liaison between clients, contractors, governmental agencies and firms.
• Informs client of project status through meetings and progress reports.
• Recommends solutions to complex construction problems.
• Implements directives, instructions, and policies received from home office and/or client.
• Identify new business opportunities with current and potential clients.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction preferred; thorough knowledge of construction techniques, standards and applications required.
• 15+ years of directly related experience.
• Must have the ability to independently plan and organize activities of a large-sized team.
• Must have strong management skills within the construction field discipline, and the ability to coordinate the engineering process within construction management.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and industry practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.