CDM Smith is looking for a Lead Construction Representative in Chicago for the construction of a large water pump station project and/or large pipeline project acting as the client representative. As the lead member of this construction team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Supervise Resident Engineer’s in performance of assigned duties, e.g., interpretation of plans and specifications and applications of construction techniques.
• Performs administrative and managerial tasks related to field office and personnel procedures for multiple construction contracts.
• Assist construction coordinator as liaison between clients, contractors, governmental agencies and firms.
• Informs client of project status through meetings and progress reports.
• Recommends solutions to complex construction problems.
• Implements directives, instructions, and policies received from home office and/or client.
• Identify new business opportunities with current and potential clients.
A successful CDM Smith candidate will have:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction preferred; thorough knowledge of construction techniques, standards and applications required.
• 15+ years of directly related experience.
• Must have the ability to independently plan and organize activities of a large-sized team.
• Must have strong management skills within the construction field discipline, and the ability to coordinate the engineering process within construction management.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and industry practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.
CDM Smith - 16 months ago