Responsible for leading and ensuring the cost elements are in accordance with company policies and procedures; analyze revenue and job cost for discrepancies and review accuracy for Braden and CFI, and review and maintain Braden and CFI’s fixed assets.
Job Requirements :
Review job costs for accuracy; research and resolve discrepancies.
- Lead the reconciliation of costs with sales orders and revenue processes.
- Research and apply variances to associated jobs and review determination of the root cause.
- Oversee the maintenance of Fixed Assets Software to ensure accurate and timely posting to general ledger.
- Assist with yearly physical inventory and audit by preparing any necessary reports to assist with counts, review processes within software to ensure adequate controls for entry, and review variances for potential miscounts or system errors.
- Continuously and accurately update company standard costs.
- Lead the preparation of schedules for tax and audit requirements on a quarterly & annual basis.
- Review the process of invoice preparation.
- Interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conduct self in polite and professional manner.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
Must have general knowledge of manufacturing and accounting process flows to understand impact of booking cost and revenues.
- Knowledge of general cost accounting principles (GAP).
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with internal and external customer issues.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Five to Seven years cost or project accounting experience required.
- Ability to type on a keyboard and operate a PC.
- Ability to converse over a telephone.
- Ability to work in office and perform in corporate environment.
Global Power Equipment Group - 23 months ago