Experience Level: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/G.E.D.
Under general supervision, is directly responsible for cleaning assigned areas of the facility and/or supervise the maintenance of a clean and sanitary facility.
- Under direction, ensure that the activities of this position and relevant programs are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of Catholic Charities, Diocese of Cleveland.
- Supervise and train other custodial workers.
- Clean the interior of the building, which may include: hallways, stairwells, dining room, kitchen, floors, offices, activity rooms and restrooms by sweeping, vacuuming, and mopping as needed. Shampoo carpets and strip, wax and buff tile floors as needed.
- Dust, polish, and wax furniture, fixtures, and floors.
- Keep chairs and other furniture clean, polished and maintained in the day rooms, dining rooms and halls.
- Disinfect all chairs, doorknobs, handles and handrails.
- Collect trash, waste paper, and scrap for disposal.
- Monitor and service restrooms during the day. Replenish paper supplies.
- Set up for meetings, activities as necessary.
- Wash windows and glass doors; wash and hang curtains and blinds as necessary.
- Keep accurate inventory of supplies.
- May maintain outside property, including: removing snow and ice; cutting edging and watering the lawn, trash removal.
- Handle minor emergencies that may arise such as plunging toilets etc..
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a High School Diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of related custodial experience.
- Must be able to use vacuum, rug shampooer, mop, washer/dryer, and other common household appliances.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, walking, stooping, climbing.
- Must be knowledgeable of all types of floor care, stripping, waxing and carpet care.
- Willingness to work flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must have good oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Good working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Final applicant is required to be fingerprinted to complete background check.