Lead Data Engineer
Magnetic is changing Internet advertising with search retargeting, using what people search for to target what display ads they see — anywhere on the Internet. It’s a proven model that has led to a successful product, but we have much more to do.
We need to scale our systems for processing data and serving ads, to extend our applications that manage customer campaigns, and to respond to new opportunities as our business evolves. It’s a competitive market, and we need to make sure we can move faster than the competition while still reliably delivering results to our customers.
The data challenges are diverse and interesting, near-term and long-term. We need to build a unified view of the value and relationships between various sources of data being generated in multiple internal and external systems. Building on a unified data model and system, we need to refine and drastically scale data processing systems to optimize what data we buy and sell and to optimize data-driven ad campaign performance.
Our core value proposition to customers and our competitive advantage is a semantic engine that uses search keywords to target online display campaigns. Your work will continuously improve our product.
To succeed, we need a gifted Lead Data Engineer. You’ll be integral to our success from your first day on the job.
If this sounds like a challenge you are excited to meet, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills and Experience
- Extend and refine our Hadoop data processing application to continuously improve our knowledge of the value of keywords and the strength of their relationship to each other and advertising categories
- Extend the Hadoop application to support new attributes and computations to optimize our data acquisition, data delivery and campaign
- Extend Hadoop application to create new target data sets to support internal and external
- Integrate disparate internal and external data sources into the Hadoop
- Administer and manage the production Hadoop
- Support capacity planning, scaling and hosting strategy for the Hadoop cluster
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a startup where priorities and tasks change
- Computer science or mathematics bachelor’s degree required; master’s
- Experience with data processing and data transformation systems at Internet
- Professional experience designing and implementing machine learning or natural language
- Significant professional experience designing, implementing and supporting production systems
- Experience working on large data sets with Hadoop or another MapReduce framework
- Experience administering a cluster of machines used by Hadooop or another MapReduce framework
- Experience performance tuning data processing systems and relational database
- Data modeling experience, particularly for reporting or analytic
- Experience testing data
- Experience designing and implementing tests for a probabilistic system
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as monit and Nagios
- Experience with monitoring and capacity planning tools such as Ganglia
- Experience with continuous integration process and tools
- Specific experience with Hadoop, MySQL, MongoDB, Perl and PHP are preferred
- Hands-on experience with online advertising systems
- Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Elevate Recruiting Group - 14 months ago