Job Title Lead Database Spec
Windsor - CT
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work on-site at any ING location
Work remotely from home
Salary commensurate with Experience
What is ING?
ING Insurance Americas is a vital part of worldwide ING Group, one of the largest diversified financial services organizations in the world with operations in more than 50 countries and 112,000 employees. We're a leading provider of financial products and services for individuals and businesses, including life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement plans and employee benefits. ING recognizes the critical role our employees play in our success as a company...we understand the link between customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction. As a result, we're building a different work experience for our employees, an experience that appeals to what they value most in a work relationship.
What are the job responsibilities?
Analyzes, tests and implements physical database design supporting various business applications (including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, and operational guidelines).
Ensures data recovery, maintenance, data integrity and space requirements for physical database are met through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards relating to database management. Participates in design reviews.
Provides strategic leadership related to specific databases; provides a high degree of coordination between user, technical, application and business units to ensure effective data management as an organization.
Ensures solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in IT’s knowledge of and concern for users’ business needs.
Establishes organization-wide standards for determining data needs and developing data specifications that will meet customer requirements.
Organizes and schedules work with internal staff and consultants.
Other duties as assigned.
Who is our ideal candidate?
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a directly related field; Master's Degree preferred.
Six years of professional IT experience.
Willingness to work with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in a high-pressure, complex environment.
Experience in designing, modeling, developing and supporting large RDBMSs.
Experience in database concepts/design/deployment, Structured Query Language (SQL), relational database design
Expert knowledge of logical and physical database design.
Strong communication, consultation, analytical and leadership skills
What else can we tell you?
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 30+ days ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life) servi...