The Lead/Senior Design Engineer leads an engineering development team in the Mackie brand, including but not limited to so reinforcement speakers, analog mixers with USB and Firewire interfaces and studio monitors. The role requires high level and detailed design of hardware/firmware/software for such products, as well as team leadership including system electro-mechanical design specification and leading the team during feasibility, design and pilot phases of product development.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Work with digital and analog hardware design, embedded microprocessor (C/C++) and DSP firmware (ideally SHARC), and design professional audio products.
- Develop test software applications; with USB and 1394 audio interfaces, AES standards, embedded ethernet protocols and PC/Mac device drivers.
- Lead the team with product definitions, feasibility and cost studies, manufacturing introduction support, validation testing, and ongoing sustaining engineering.
- Perform product definition, feasibility, cost-studies, manufacturing introduction support, validation testing, and ongoing sustaining engineering.
- Supervise other design engineers on a specific product development team.
Specific Job Skills:
- Electro-mechanical prototyping of small to large plastic and metal pro-audio equipment including speakers and mixers.
- Digital and analog hardware design, embedded microprocessor/DSP firmware (C/C++ and SHARC assembly), and experience designing professional audio products.
- Knowledge of implementing ethernet and TCP/IP protocols into embedded devices is desired, as is experience with USB, 1394 audio interfaces, and AES standards.
- Knowledge of standard metal and plastic enclosures for such devices.
- Knowledge and experience with basic electro-mechanical design and assembly of audio electronics and speakers is required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 10+ years post graduate work experience as a design engineer or equivalent 2+ in a lead engineer role.
- BSEE (4-year degree) or equivalent degree required.
LOUD Technologies offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k, plus great extras including great employee product discounts, and live (lunch-time) music during spring and fall.
Loud Technologies - 19 months ago