This position requires prior experience in mentoring
technicians in troubleshooting of complex problems,
researching and evaluating new desktop technologies for
making recommendations to management, and experience
leading computer hardware and software conversion and
deployment projects. Primary responsibility is to
provide tier 2 support at the user desktop. This
position assists with the coordination and execution of
pc builds, adds & moves. Other responsibilities include
monitoring and performing IT Service Desk support,
meeting and presentation support (including audio and
WEB collaboration), hardware installations & upgrades,
maintaining, upgrading of PC equipment; software
installations & upgrades.
IT Service Desk Support
• Provide prompt response to user support calls
dispatched via the IT ServiceDesk.
• Monitor the IT ServiceDesk voice and email boxes to
ensure calls are appropriately prioritized and processed
• Liaise with Asset & License Management Team as
appropriate; ensure compliance of policies by Desktop
• Act as stead for supervisor as necessary on matters
involving the Desktop Team
• Assess technician queues and assign calls to
technicians based on call urgency and queue size.
• Provide input to periodic review of standard operating
procedures and corresponding service metrics.
• Install authorized software or new versions of
software per approved user request.
• Perform triage, including search history and knowledge
lookup for problems reported.
• Troubleshoot pc hardware & software problem reports;
serve as level 2 support to level 1 technicians and
other IT support groups.
• Mentor technicians in troubleshooting of complex
• Troubleshoot user/departmental printers.
• Make repair/replace determination and take appropriate
• Document and review drafted solutions for searchable
Identify and maintain PC hardware platforms
• Research and evaluate new desktop technologies; make
recommendations to management.
• Configure and deliver user pcs and peripherals in
accordance with user role requirements.
• Upgrade PC hardware.
• Perform pc & peripheral asset tracking.
• Maintain hardware inventory for failure support,
including repair loaner, as well as temporary issue
hardware for user meetings, presentations and / or
Miscellaneous Desktop Services & Project Support
• Lead computer hardware and software conversion and
• Monitor and act on entries reported in anti-virus and
• Ensure appropriate coverage for onsite meeting support
for classes & large groups with services such as the set
up & breakdown of pcs, projectors, WEB Ex sessions,
audio assistance, etc.; assist where necessary.
7+ years of experience working in computer service and
Experience in leading large scope desktop/laptop
hardware and software conversion and deployment
projects. Experience should include knowledge of
motherboards, hard drives, graphics support, and network
interface configurations. Experience in software
includes Microsoft Office Suite (including Exchange &
Outlook), Windows XP and Windows 7 Operating Systems,
online trouble reporting systems. Experience with asset
management systems a plus.
Associates Degree in electronics, computer technology or
certifications along with equivalent years of direct
Industry Standard PC Support and / or Microsoft Systems
certifications a plus (such as COMPTIA A+, MCDST, etc.).
Desired qualities include:
• Ability to serve as team lead in providing quality
service and timely closure to user support calls while
managing desktop asset management, including hardware
and software inventory, deployment and retirement.
• Ability to work in concert with System Support and
Networking teams to support intricate user issues where
there are layers of applications and networking
ISO New England is a regional transmission organization (RTO), serving Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and...