Want to create products that more than 30 million people use daily? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? You can help build the next-generation of Synacor’s products and create web applications that reach millions of people!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal and integration platforms, primarily PHP
• Guide and mentor other junior, mid, and senior developers
• Responsible for the initial integration, configuration, launch and maintenance of client products
• Deployment of client sites, including custom development, branding, and integration with diverse content feeds, billing and provisioning systems
• Work closely with our architecture teams to build and scale back-end services.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members
• Participate in technical planning and architectural exercises
• Conduct peer reviews, planning, daily standups, and other duties in an agile environment
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
• Minimum four years experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
• Extensive professional experience programming PHP or Perl (LAMP)
• Professional experience with MySQL
• Proficient in Unix / Linux, scripting and tools
• In depth knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST and AJAX highly desirable
• Experience with reversion / revision control software; GIT preferred
• Experience in an Agile environment preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate with internal teams
• Strong attention to detail and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture with growth potential
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...