Synacor is looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development! Someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current.
We are seeking a Lead Developer for the Rapid Response Team to work in a production support environment to deliver customer support for both custom-developed and package-based software. The Lead Engineer follows standard processes across the organization to design, code, test, analyze, and debug software programs and applications running in our production environment. This includes researching, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the application support lifecycle. The lead engineer analyzes and corrects software errors in accordance with our SLA’s and provides status reports where required. Provides leadership and technical guidance to other Engineers within the Rapid Response Team. The lead engineer can support one or more of the following technologies: PHP, Java, Perl.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Responsible for performing oversight and review of the translation of escalations into technical requirements and documentation for the proposed solution.
• Prepares and/or reviews estimates, creates designs, performs coding and unit testing for custom-developed applications and changes related to the primary role of production support. Also delegates work associated with these activities.
• Performs quality assurance functions including unit testing, system testing, integration testing, and overall technical oversight. Works with the Lead Quality Engineer on the overall test strategy for the proposed solutions.
• Provides production support to existing applications and coordinates the work with other engineering teams or vendor(s) if applicable.
• Leads activities associated with application asset planning, asset roadmaps, and release management.
• Provides management information by way of appropriate metrics and measurements.
• Performs activities with respect to managing business demand, prioritizing requests, and assigning work to team members.
• Responsible for ensuring security standards are met and business continuity activities are completed as needed.
• Adheres to software development lifecycle and service management processes.
• Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, tools, processes and related best practices.
• Performs other functions as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
• Minimum five years experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
• Extensive professional experience programming PHP or Perl in a LAMP environment
• Proficient in Unix / Linux, scripting and tools
• In depth knowledge of XML, SOAP, REST and AJAX highly desirable
• Experience with source control tools; GIT preferred
• Previous experience with Agile Engineering techniques
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate with internal teams
• Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel
• Strong attention to detail and ability to solve complex problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
What we’ll bring to the table :
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture with growth potential
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace . Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 21 months ago
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...