The Lead Developer role is responsible for developing architecture and code required to deliver interactive digital marketing solutions as well as team and project management. The role requires a broad and ever-changing skillset to work within in a dynamic development environment. Daily responsibilities are primarily geared toward development strategy, architecture, development, and development management.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Years of Relevant Experience
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to:
- Consult on concept feasibility
- Define requirements
- Manage business expectations
- Work with resource team to allocate development resources
- Define technical architecture of interactive web solutions based on requirements.
- Develop main architecture and framework for medium to large-scale applications.
- Review developer source code to ensure expected quality.
- Mentor and manage expectations of subordinate developers.
- Help define and enforce development standards.
- Maintain expertise in core web technologies while continuing to expand knowledge in emerging technologies.
- Provide support in client and vendor interactions as technical subject matter experts.
- 10 years in web development
Nature and Scope
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in pertinent web development technologies and advertising.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Reports to Director of Development.
- May have reporting developers.
- Expert-level knowledge and ability in DOM, (X)HTML, HTML5 and CSS2/3.
- Expert-level knowledge and ability in a server technology such as .Net, PHP, Java, JSP.
- Expert-level knowledge in preparing graphic elements and comps from a designer using Photoshop, Illustrator and other common design packages.
- Expert-level knowledge in cross-browser and cross-platform development.
- Experience building rich Facebook applications/tabs using Facebook graph API to get user permissions and user data.
- Experience with a RDBMS such as MSSQL , MySQL , PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc. for building data-driven web sites.
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: Adobe CQ5, Sitecore, Wordpress, Symphony CMS, Expression Engine, SiteFinity, Rails, Codeigniter, NodeJS, Backbone JS