The Lead Developer is responsible for software development, integration, configuration, and maintenance activities for the Online and Constituent Systems (website, donor databases, and related systems). The Lead Developer will be principally accountable for the technology architecture, integrity, and performance of Sitecore CMS, which produces and delivers the organization’s public online presence. The position will be part of a team with three other software developers to deliver web applications, business intelligence, and workflow solutions to advance organizational goals.
Online and Constituent Systems
- Design, implement, maintain, and support Online Technology platform, Sitecore CMS, related applications, systems, and their integration.
- Develop, refine, and maintain solutions and integrations within Sitecore CMS and with “backend” services and related technologies such as: NWF constituent databases (MoneyMaker, Raiser’s Edge, Convio; future state: Microsoft CRM); Adobe Site Catalyst, Google Analytics and Google Mini Search Appliance.
- Customize and integrate new and existing online applications, elements, and solutions to deliver value to the organization.
- Evaluate internal opportunities to identify and exploit hidden efficiencies and measurable cost savings through the use software/technology.
- Elicit and analyze requirements, identify solution options, design prototypes, perform estimates, and provide solution guidance and refinement.
- Facilitate the day-to-day work of the Development Team and intra-team communication.
- Mentor and assist Development Team members; work with the Development Team to develop processes, standards and best practices to be used within the team.
- Informal regular sharing and mentoring of Development team members, assist in the development of individual professional growth tracks, assist in the identification and coordination of training for team members, and perform code reviews.
- Interface with project managers, project leads, stakeholders (both internal and external to the organization), to ensure Development Team obligations are met in a professional and expedient manner. Identify and help remove roadblocks.
- Work within a budgetary structure; provide tools, equipment, training and other resources for Development Team members as appropriate.
- Procure and coordinate outside contractor’s and technical resources; perform routine personnel management duties as delegated or otherwise required.
Software Engineering and Technology Leadership
- Develop right-sized documentation, templates, and processes for software release management, configuration management, and knowledge management.
- Establish and deploy development methodologies and other techniques for application development to optimize delivery quality and improve efficiency.
- Provide guidance, advice, technical troubleshooting and problem solving for colleagues.
- Lead, or otherwise actively participate in project discovery sessions and Innovation Engineering “Create” Sessions
- Be on the look-out for new technology and how to efficiently apply it to sustainably create organizational value.
Infrastructure Coordination and Management
- Primary contact for ongoing management of NWF.org application environment and on-call/off-hours support for application faults.
- Act as point-person and primary liaison NWF Information Technology to coordinate server, network, and configuration management activities for the NWF.org web hosting environment
- Recommend and develop security measures to protect information against unauthorized modification, intrusion, or loss.
- Various supporting tasks assigned of department Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience. Applied knowledge and use of software engineering best practices.
- Minimum five years in professional software development, preferably more.
- At least two years experience in a similar role (architect and lead level of accountability) is very strongly preferred.
- Professional software engineering expertise and experience is required.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience managing Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing, and transition to routine Operations.
- Ability to develop and maintain Architecture, Design Patterns, and Standards.
- Build, Deployment, and Release Management
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server, Database design, stored procedures, and performance optimization
- Database integration/SSIS, including ETL processes. Report development/SSRS.
- Proficiency with HTML 5 is strongly preferred.
- CSS, strength in cross-browser development, proficiency with responsive design.
- Experience in the following programs is strongly preferred: Sitecore 6.x, IIS, Team Foundation Server, Adobe Site Catalyst and Google Analytics, MS SQL Analysis Services/OLAP, MVC.
- Experience working in Agile or iterative development models, native mobile development, or mobile frameworks (such as Xamarin) major plus.
- Familiarity with Social Media APIs (e.g., Facebook, Twitter); familiarity with Windows Server and infrastructure design; and Microsoft SharePoint technical experience are all major pluses.
National Wildlife Federation - 11 months ago