The Lead Development Manager will be responsible for establishing short- and long-term strategies for generating and qualifying sales leads. The incumbent will work
collaboratively with the local Inside Sales Director as well as the Marketing
teams to establish a systemic approach to inbound and outbound lead generation
that is aligned with sales goals and marketing initiatives and impacts the sale
of AspenTech solutions. The incumbent will be motivated, driven and have a high
level of enthusiasm to generate a robust pipeline of qualified sales leads. The
Lead Development Manager will develop and manage a team of Lead Development
Representatives responsible for calling prospects, identifying key decision
makers and customers' buying processes, and distributing sales-ready leads to
the applicable sales contacts.
- Establish short- and long-term strategies for the lead generation team,
inbound and outbound, to meet present and future sales and marketing team objectives
- Manage the lead generation function to deliver expected results in
generation of qualified, revenue-generating leads by making outbound calls, direct mail and email campaigns
- Manage the process for qualifying inbound calls and leads generated
through the Aspen website
- Create and/or procure tools and qualified lists (marketing procures
these but we would drive) of prospective leads in targeted market segments, driven by strategic accounts sales strategy
and new business budgets
- Coordinate with Marketing Communications to ensure that consistency is
maintained across all customer communications to maximize awareness and generate qualified leads
- Identify prospects for the sales team, by investigating companies and
understanding their organizational structure using tools like LinkedIn,
- Distribute qualified, sales-ready opportunities to Inside Sales Account
Managers and Field Sales.
- Utilize creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to proactively develop
new ideas and/or creative marketing programs to stimulate customer interest and demand, resulting in new approaches to prospecting and lead generation
- Manage pipeline to meet or exceed quarterly and annual goals set in
- Continuously review and take appropriate action to improve or highlight
representative statistics, including outbound calls made, qualified leads
identified and lead conversion rates
- Collaborate regularly with sales teams to discuss best practices,
business and market trends and review qualification approach to maximize opportunities
- Utilize call center metrics and reports to creatively identify ways to
improve lead generation and sales performance
- Continuously manage the performance and development of team through proper coaching, development, motivation, goal setting and general direction
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Senior Management,
Recruiting and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and
communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with
- 5-8 years experience in Business Development or Inside Sales role.
- College degree or equivalent relevant experience required
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience using salesforce.com or other CRM strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals through the management of
individual performance objectives and accountabilities, including service
metrics for speed, efficiency, sales and quality of customer experience.
- Values team work and collaboration
- Creative, resourceful, able to adapt to change quickly, with an
understanding of sales methodology.
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term, mutually
beneficial client relationships.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to
prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to drive and motivate team to achieve
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work independently toward the successful attainment of
department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to
leverage input and knowledge base of others to provide well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to
communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence
decision making in key negotiations.
Aspen Technology, Inc. is a supplier of integrated software and services to the process industries, which consist of oil and gas, petroleum,...