Lead ESL Instructor
University Research Co., LLC – Center for Human Services
Division & Project Overview
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the Center for Human Services, the nonprofit 501(c) 3, affiliate of University Research Co. LLC, is a leader in language acquisition, adult education, and public health. In 1988, we expanded our offices to New Jersey where we have offered a variety of programs in Cumberland, Salem, and surrounding counties. Our program offerings range from English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction, support for disabled migrant and seasonal farmworkers, a referral network for women living with HIV /AIDS and Diabetes self-management classes and family literacy services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of the CHS New Jersey branch office, the Lead ESL Instructor is responsible for providing advanced level ESL instruction to adults and assisting with delivery of professional development for staff and participating in a minimum of 6 hours of professional development activities each year. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing appropriate ESL curriculum using a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest.
- Linking students to other CHS programs, as appropriate
- Maintaining student attendance records and monitor student outcomes
- Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students.
- Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills and work with the Programs Director to connect students to agencies that can help them attain key credentials
- Working with the Programs Director to ensure that the project is keeping up with student needs and as with funding requirements
- Maintaining confidentiality of student records and personal information at all times.
- Mentoring less experienced instructors
- Attending meetings on behalf of the project, if the Programs Director is not able to attend
NOTE: To be considered, you must be currently eligible to work long term in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
- BA in education, or closely related degree from an accredited college or university; MA degree may substitute for a year of work experience
- New Jersey teaching certification
- 2 years of experience as an ESL instructor
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 19 months ago