Imagine what you could do here. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our departments, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the company objectives.
The Lead Educational Loan Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity. Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, Policy & Compliance, the Lead Educational Loan Specialist is knowledgeable on all reporting aspects, communications terminology, and Ashford default prevention procedures, and will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the institution’s default management plan. The team leader conducts day-to-day planning, operation and problem-solving activities so that the assigned team meets it required level of service, as well as meets weekly, monthly and annual goals. The Lead Educational Loan Specialist will monitor individual employee performance, will identify and schedule required training, and will facilitate communication within the department.
Essential Job Duties:
• Work with lenders and guarantors in utilizing monthly Default Management Reports to contact students who have become delinquent by more than 60 days.
• Contact students three months into the grace period as a reminder of the date/timeframe that their loans will enter repayment status.
• Assist delinquent students with requesting/preparing deferments and/or forbearances.
• Work extensively with first-time borrowers on debt management and borrowing conservatively.
• Work with all students on responsible and reasonable borrowing.
• Assist students in default status who are attempting to return to school with techniques and requirements necessary to regain Title IV eligibility.
• Conduct comprehensive entrance and exit counseling sessions with student borrowers.
• Work closely with the campus and the on-line division Financial Aid management team and the trainers in assisting students with default prevention initiatives.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Work closely with collections and any other independent third party to determine students entering repayment during a fiscal year who may be included in the cohort rate calculation.
• Analyze student loan borrowers to determine factors that play a significant role in ensuring successful repayments.
• Develop information on the consequence of withdrawing from school, options for students who have difficulty with payments and loan consolidations.
• Manage pre-claim assistance efforts such as phone and letter campaigns.
• Perform statistical analysis for internal and external reporting.
• Track and maintain a reasonable institutional cohort default rate.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Leading Change: This competency serves as the foundation of the Leadership competency model as it aligns the behaviors and characteristic of the individuals with the organization’s mission and core values. Inherent in this competency is the individual’s ability to balance change and continuity; to continually strive to improve organizational framework; to create a work environment that encourages innovation; and to maintain focus, intensity and persistence, even under adversity.
• Leading People: This competency involves the ability to maximize human capital by fostering an environment that encompasses the organization’s culture and execute the mission, goals and core values.
• Business Acumen: This competency involves the ability to understand and administer business information cross departmentally in a manner that inspires confidence, instills trust and accomplishes the organization’s goals.
• Building Communication: This leadership competency encompasses written and verbal communications of facts and ideas as well as developing a professional network inside and outside the organization.
• Driving Results: This competency stresses accountability and continuous improvement through decision making, execution and producing results.
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to make sound decisions.
• Good analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and regulatory compliance.
• Excellent verbal, written, customer service and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Experience in a Financial Aid office, business office, lender, guarantor or servicer.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
Ashford University - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...