Lead Electronics Engineer
Position Summary: The Lead Electronics Engineer demonstrates progressively increasing responsibility in installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of communications equipment, electronics equipment.
Position Description: The Lead Electronics Engineer will have the capability to distinguish between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems. Plans and performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment. Provides technical direction and guidance to lower level technical personnel.
- The Lead Electronics Engineer will be the Project leader for advanced ISR design, upgrade, and maintenance projects tasked under this PWS.
- Will provide planning, design, initial fielding, testing, and training for complex, special purpose US communications systems and equipment that are used to support critical Intelligence and Electronic Warfare (IEW) systems.
- Ensures systems and equipment operations and maintenance comply with physical, operational, security, safety, environmental and communications regulations, and equipment specifications.
- Senior electronic technical consultant to the INSCOM G-4 on RF system design, upgrade, installation, maintenance, and testing requirements of the G4 Global Support Services PWS.
- Leads project teams deployed worldwide to install, maintain, and upgrade complex ISR mission systems, security systems, and related antennas and other peripheral equipment.
- Acts as a technical advisor to the Program Manager.
- Provides technical oversight to the work of more junior engineers and technicians
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Technology from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) years’ engineering experience, including the management of complex projects.
- Three (3) years’ progressive experience and proven management skills with unit/site management).
- Experience in design and maintenance of complex ISR systems, development of test plans, baseline testing, and execution of continuous operational testing to ensure systems operation meets system design requirements.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of high frequency (HF) through microwave (MW) radio frequency (RF) receiving, transmitting, and distribution systems.
- Must have experience with other electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, fiber optic systems, audio systems, computers, digital displays, I/O devices, antenna systems, and wireless devices.
- Experience and complete understanding of signals propagation, collection, and dissemination, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and the functional application of EMI/RFI analysis and mitigation programs.
- Knowledge of maintenance shop operations and quality assurance for continuous improvement and best practices.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or Related Field, Knowledge of U.S. Army, INSCOM IEW systems and support.
- Professional Engineer registration is desirable.
Allied Technology Group provides a full range of complex, innovative engineering and information management solutions to U.S. Government clients including the Departments of Defense, State, Homeland Security and various civilian Departments and Agencies. For the past 25 years, we have exceeded corporate and client expectations by focusing on each client’s absolute satisfaction.
Allied Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Allied Technology offers the following benefits to our employees:
- Health Care Benefits
- Vision Rider
- Dental Care Benefits
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Long & Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Education & Training Assistance
- Professional Association Dues
- Direct Deposit
Allied Technology Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard