Are you passionate about writing outstanding code? Do you love working on products that users rave about? Do you thrive in an environment where creativity is at its finest? Do you enjoy tackling hard problems and have a track record delivering results? We are looking for a talented, driven and experienced Developer who is looking for an opportunity to team up with other programming experts in an exciting and growing company. The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude, passion for technology, and extensive Java development experience. So if you are interested in building applications used by millions of people then Synacor is the place for you!
We are seeking a Lead Java Developer who will perform development, enhancement and maintenance of existing software modules, custom programming for clients and various data manipulation tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications for our platform team.
• Development of integration technologies to rapidly integrate with disparate systems.
• Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
• Participating in technical planning and architectural exercises
• Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment
• Acting as a resource for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills:
• The Lead Developer will have extensive experience in Java as well as expertise in service orientated architecture.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience.
• Minimum five years experience in software or website development using Java; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
• Team lead experience required
• Integrations experience required
• Experience with web services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
• Identity Management experience is a plus
• Professional experience with MySQL or equivalent
• Proficient in Unix/Linux use, scripting and tools
• Knowledge of XML, REST and AJAX highly desirable
• Familiarity with revision control software, git, CVS, or similar
• Excellent communication skills, and ability to collaborate
What we’ll bring to the table:
• 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• 25 cent vending machines
• Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open workspaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
Synacor - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...