Market leader and innovator in management and Real-Time optimization of online video services is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to focus on Web/UI application design and development to join the exceptional team of engineers and scientists in San Mateo, CA.
You are a passionate, curious, and brilliant engineer and you are happy with your current job. Why you should still speak with us? Even if you decide not to join our team, you will have a chance to meet and talk with exceptional people and you will be inspired by new technological ideas that may help you to advance your career to the new levels.
You will have an opportunity to work closely with all members of engineering team to deliver high quality Web / UI and mobile (IOS and Android) apps based on the data from billions of streams per month from premium media customers. You will also work with advanced backend technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
The company operates a software as a service (SaaS) platform providing real-time video quality optimization and analytics to premium content sites around the world. Their platform includes large scale data collection and storage, real-time big data processing using open source and proprietary technologies, real-time optimization algorithms, etc.
*** The company values talent and enthusiasm and provides very generous compensations packages and flexible schedule with opportunity for partial telecommute. The central office location ensures easy commute to all places in Bay Area. ***
- Work closely with Product Managers and Product UI Designers to refine and clarify the detailed requirements and specifications of UI application.
- Take responsibility for high-level design to satisfy the requirements and specifications, and ensure the evolution of the architecture based on new requirements and new user and technology trends.
- Collaborate with the design team to define the information architecture, advocating UI/Web interaction design best practices with a focus on consistency and usability.
- Collaborate with backend team on the design of data access interfaces and functionality.
- Create rapid prototypes of interfaces to be used as a blueprint for content and technical development.
- Manage the overall UI / Web application design and implementation, including all branding and navigational elements.
- Work closely with back-end developers to find ways to push the limits of existing Web technology in service of creating the best possible user experience.
- Strong desire to work for a dynamic growing established startup company and make it a success
- Exceptional UI / Web application design skills, including information architecture, interface design and visual design
- Excellent communication skills: able to facilitate your own meetings as necessary, comfortable working with all levels in the organization
- Self motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- BS Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of industry standard visual design tools (Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Usability testing and user research experience
- Knowledge of AJAX
- Polished style in Web applications design
- Advanced degree in CS or related field
Elti Solutions is a global talent search and recruiting company specializing in providing growing firms with top quality executive,...