Parsons Brinckerhoff's Chicago office has an immediate need for a LEAD ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNER . Candidates should have a background in NEPA, experience in transportation projects, particularly highway, rail and transit; be able to lead and support the analysis of environmental impacts; prepare environmental documents in compliance with applicable governing statutes; and develop and comply with appropriate permitting and mitigation monitoring processes.
The person in this position will help support transportation projects in Chicago with a focus on highway, rail and transit projects, guide the workload of junior staff, manage large task assignments and small-scale projects, perform complex analyses and studies, oversee and review work conducted by other staff and subconsultants, and interface with government agencies and the public. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. This position is ideal for the planner who is seeking career growth, and challenging work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in Planning, Environmental or Social Science, Engineering or related field (a master’s degree is a plus); a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in environmental planning , documentation, assessment, permitting, and other related processes. The American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification and/or a PE are also considered a plus. Active professional involvement in TRB, NAEP, APA or related professional societies is desirable.
Candidates should have a minimum of seven years progressively responsible experience in planning or research-related activities (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) related to preparation of NEPA (or CEQA) documentation for public projects, with emphasis on transportation projects, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of NEPA environmental requirements
- Working knowledge of FHWA, FRA, FTA and local/regional agency’s transportation planning processes is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Illinois and Indiana environmental requirements and natural resource permitting a plus
- Ability to establish partnerships with project management, client representatives, government agencies, and other organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Masters degree and AICP and/or PE certification a plus
- Ability to work in the country is required.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 18 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...