The Lead Epic Reporting Analyst is responsible for leading the development and delivery of Clarity reports to both internal and external customers. With considerably more experience than other report writers, the lead will provide direction and standards for the Epic reporting package. The Lead will be a resource to other report writers and should have strong analytical and research skills. This position will also be responsible for timely completion of ad hoc report requests along with testing and QA of new reports and/or new system functionality that impacts the Clarity data source. This role focuses on leading report development efforts and production support. Special projects may include: upgrade or new version testing, data integration between clients, system build improvements and reporting data source enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide production support for multiple Epic clients
- Work with internal staff and external customers to design reports geared around performance improvement.
- Develop data sets for analysis by operations staff, internal executive level and direct client need.
- Ensure monthly distribution of reports in an efficient and timely manner in coordination with other departments
- Endure data integrity by validating data from Epic Clarity database or other data source which reports are created.
- Create reports using tools such as Crystal Reports, Business Objects or Cognos Report Studio
- Identify methods for process optimization; establish efficiency workflows for testing and validating data
- Document database schemas and data mapping where applicable
- Document reporting specifications and maintain a report inventory for enhanced client support
- Document reporting processes and workflows
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Epic Report Development
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Current Epic Clarity Professional Billing Certification
- 3-5 years of Epic Clarity Professional Billing report experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Crystal Reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or Similar
- Experience with Business Objects or Cognos Reporting tools
- Experience with SQL programming language, Data warehousing, Database build/maintenance, SQL read/write/query, SQL or VB report writing and Data Migration
- Experience with SQL, Windows or Oracle Server functions, SQL tools such as TOAD, Developer or Studio
- Displays Adaptability – Performs well in high pressure or stressful situations. Works effectively when direction is unclear or rapidly changing. Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Shows Reliability – Takes personal responsibility for actions and decisions. Consistently works assigned schedule. Acts responsibly and can be counted on to accomplish goals successfully.
- Drives for Results - Delivers high quality work and attains results. Demonstrates personal drive and pushes self and others for results and quality work. Response appropriately to urgent situations.
- Compliance with Laws, Policies and Procedures - Adheres to company handbook and policies. Demonstrates behavior consistent with Code of Conduct. Adheres to compliance program and guidelines.
- Develops Self - Seeks opportunities for continuous learning. Modifies behavior in response to feedback. Knows personal strengths and weaknesses and demonstrates ownership for personal development.
- Respects Others - Displays sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others. Interacts with others in an open, non-threatening manner.
- Builds Team Relationships - Invites others to share opinions. Partners with employees in other departments. Actively seeks ways to help team members.
- Focus on the Customer/Client – Ensures that clients have a positive experience. Responds to clients in a timely manner. Demonstrates tact and empathy when responding to clients. Makes every effort to meet clients’ needs.
- Listens effectively – Listens attentively to speaker’s message. Listens to others without interrupting. Confirms understanding by asking follow-up questions.
- Speaks Effectively – Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly. Speaks effectively in group situations. Conveys enthusiasm when speaking.
- Writes Effectively – Tailors writing to audience. Writes using correct grammar and spelling.
- Quality, Productivity and Accuracy – Maintains acceptable performance standards set as department goals for the assigned position.
TRAVEL: This position requires very limited travel a few days a quarter
SPi Healthcare (formerly Springfield Service Corporation and Laguna Medical Systems) is the industry's leading integrated revenue cycle and...