Altarum Institute is seeking a Lead Epidemiologist to lead technical activities on a proposed multi-year Health Surveillance project for a strategic federal client in Silver Spring, MD. The Lead Epidemiologist will be responsible for planning and designing research studies to analyze the health and fitness of military populations. The Lead Epidemiologist will lead the analysis of technical data and reports into summaries for leadership. These summaries provide assessments and evaluation of studies and projects, define problems, and provide possible solution(s).
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization that has been servicing government and private sector clients since 1946. Combining the analytical rigor of a research institution with the business agility of a consulting firm, the Institute is uniquely positioned to deliver practical, systems-based health and healthcare solutions to its clients. Altarum’s nonprofit status ensures that the public interest is always preeminent in our work. Our dedication to social responsibility is evident in all that we do, serving the public good with integrity and enabling others to do the same.
Altarum Institute offers a wealth of experience in military and veterans health care. We have worked for decades to help our military clients plan, manage, and forecast health care services and beneficiary populations. Our planning and forecasting models have become the standard tools that some military clients use to evaluate their health care system needs.
• Responsible for analyzing a variety of medical surveillance data and field / lab epidemiologic data using statistical methods.
• Plan and design long-term studies to identify risk factors for select outcomes leading to policy changes or behavior modifications, evaluate the success of policies and identify the need for other policies.
• Identify and investigate current and archival epidemiological data in the conducting of field epidemiological surveillance and/or outbreak investigations.
• Analyzes and organizes technical data and reports into summaries for leadership. These summaries provide assessments and evaluation of studies and projects, define problems, and provide possible solution(s).
• Submit research papers for peer-reviewed journals.
• MD/PhD/DrPH with MS in Epidemiology or Public Health; and 8+ years of professional experience.
• Must be familiar with epidemiologic investigation techniques and be versed in data analysis based on these techniques. Superior analytical capabilities and extensive experience with SAS, SPSS, Stata, and Epi-Info.
• Must be able to independently and simultaneously lead multiple tasks, while mentoring junior staff.
• Knowledge of DoD/MHS medical research and development process;
• Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...