Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Experience Design Strategist for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
A strategic partner in building member-inspired long-term visions and target states. Facilitates creating and delivering exceptional member experiences for USAA membership. Defines intended end-to-end strategic experiences from member's point of view, as well as articulates actionable strategies to drive member depth and growth. Applies principles of user- centered design towards creating visual artifacts and representations of strategic intent. Translates business concepts into effective member experience journey maps, blueprints, concepts and business cases. Facilitates envisioning and co-creation workshops. Collaborates with cross-functional teams to optimize solutions for member needs, business constraints and technological realities. Communicates, assesses and reports on the effectiveness to senior leadership. Continuously develops self and the team by staying current of industry trends and best practices. Acts as a user experience advocate and thought leader regarding principles of customer experience discipline and user-centered design practice.
- Leverages expert business/analytical user-centered design knowledge to lead the collaboration with stakeholders to define, plan, and design the appropriate end-to-end cross channel experiences and solutions from a member point of view. Acts as a thought leader in team working sessions; proactively contributes to all problem segments; draws implications and next steps.
- Applies a customer-centric lens to the problem and advocates the "customer" view. Identifies opportunities to improve key customer interactions and turn member insights into actionable experience changes. Conducts dynamic meetings or working sessions that move problem solving forward. Facilitates envisioning sessions and member-centric thinking with executive management as well as with business partners. Applies a variety of methods and approaches to facilitate problem solving; experiments to find the best solutions.
- Synthesizes and interprets large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. Champions and effectively communicates/translates findings into recommended changes using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, member experience blueprints, visual concepts and business cases. Positions recommendations for design and execution. Develops long-term (2-5 years) and annual enterprise experience strategies to acquire, retain and deepen member relationships.
- Develops innovative proposals and target state blueprints. Interprets strategies into visual notional representations and explains the assumptions, approaches and key tenets. Applies an expert understanding of business needs, goals, and challenges and connects to tell a single story.
- Communicates strategic ideas proficiently with well developed writing, presentation and story-telling skills. Presents recommendations to executive management.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or 6 years work experience.
- 8+ years experience working in a customer experience or insights function.
- 4+ years experience working with user-centered design development and process management.
- 4+ years experience creating sketch, wireframe, and document and envision concepts.
- Experience with digital technologies and channels.
- Experience with product and service design.
- Experience leading large cross-functional team projects.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business, Science or Fine Arts.
- 5+ years experience working with user-centered design development and process management.
- 5+ years experience creating sketch, wireframe, and document and envision concepts.
- Experience executing change management.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to develop new approaches to accomplish work while clarifying and creating transparency across multiple constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and resolve the people. process, technology, and information enterprise dependencies for large-scale efforts.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
USAA - 12 months ago
Bottle Rocket Apps
Bottle Rocket Apps
- 3 hours ago
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...