Provide implementation functions for DISA/Army networking and infrastructure projects.
Activities will include:
Site preparation activities
Infrastructure installations – racks, cable racks, power, grounding, cabling, etc.
Hardware/software installation of networking components
Site wiring installation, inspection, and testing of “last half mile” circuits
Circuit transitions and activations
Testing and checkout
Network node equipment decommissioning and de-installation
Completion reports to include as-installed documentation (Red Line drawings)
Apply a broad and in-depth working knowledge of DoD IT network infrastructure to a wide variety of assignments through the application of technical concepts, practices, and procedures
Perform equipment installations, including racking and stacking, cable pulls, cable terminations and cable testing; equipment installation including ancillary items. May include network routers, switches, firewalls, and crypto and communications devices
Perform equipment installations that includes network routers, servers, network management, switches, firewalls, timing and synchronization and communications devices
Troubleshoot and resolve installation issues and discrepancies • 6+years of experience including racking and stacking, cable pulls, cable terminations and cable testing
- 5 + years of experience installing, network routers, servers, network management, switches, firewalls, timing and synchronization and communications devices
- Experience performing network installations from scratch
- Must have prior experience leading a team of installation technicians.
- Must have circuit transition expertise, understanding of protocols for testing and managing circuit downtime.
- Prior experience with Juniper/Cisco products
- Must have the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Must have a minimum active Secret clearance
- Candidates may be based anywhere in the US, but must be open to at least 80% travel to CONUS and OCONUS customer sites
- Experience with DISN protocols
- OEM networking certifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineer, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience preferred but not required
Cambridge International Systems Inc - 7 months ago
Cambridge International Systems, Inc. is a leader in delivering C4ISR solutions that meet the most demanding requirements for communication,...