Assurant Specialty Property is a leading provider of insurance services in partnership with financial institutions, mortgage lenders, manufactured home sellers, auto finance companies, property managers and their customers. Services include insurance tracking and management, lender-placed homeowners insurance, and property and personal coverage such as renters, farm and flood insurance. With more than 5,000 employees in 11 locations, Assurant Specialty Property serves clients and customers in all 50 states.
Assurant Specialty Property is part of Assurant, a premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. The four key businesses -- Assurant Solutions, Assurant Specialty Property, Assurant Health, and Assurant Employee Benefits -- partner with clients who are leaders in their industries and have built leadership positions in a number of specialty insurance market segments in the U.S. and select worldwide markets.
Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has approximately $27 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue. Assurant has approximately 14,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered in New York's financial district. http://www.assurant.com/ .
The Lead Financial Analyst conducts studies to improve the operational and financial effectiveness of the Business Unit. He/She will extract financial data from various accounting and information systems and perform complex financial and operational analysis of data. They effectively present the results for their analyses and recommendations to management.
- Analyzes operational and financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project future performance. May make recommendations such as adjustments to budgets and forecasts and other cost improvement measures.
- Reviews costs and performs cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or initiatives.
- Performs complex statistical, cost and financial analysis of data reported in the various financial and operational systems.
- Develops and maintains reports for forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Interprets financial data for users who must make economic or business decisions.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and format data or reports.
- Develops and recommends processes to streamline operations.
- Develops cost/revenue metrics and projections.
- Participates in key operational meeting to obtain relevant information and assist management with evaluations and making decisions on business matters.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking by calling out assumptions and identifying root cause. Thinking outside the box.
- Develop common financial tools for developing and analyzing the annual operating expense plan.
- Assist Site personnel with the preparation of their budgets.
- Prepare Site Roll Up and Roll Forward Analysis.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting.
- More than 8 years of financial analysis experience at least 3 of these years in cost accounting.
- Requires advanced ability to build data models, quickly manipulate data and conduct financial analysis.
- Advanced skill level required using spreadsheet, word document, and presentation software; as well as database knowledge.
- Requires ability to create easily understood reports with little direction.
- Requires the ability to manipulate complex data through systems, software, and languages.
- Thorough understanding of business issues and concepts related to insurance or financial services industry.
- Requires strong oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate financial results throughout the company.
- Requires strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize various projects.
- Position interacts with all levels of management. Communicates regularly with Channel Management, Operational Management, and with Assurant financial personnel. Communication is centered on financial planning and analysis of operating expenses in addition to interpreting the results obtained and explaining variances.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate issues, gain consensus and closure, meet deadlines and influence others.
- Masters degree.
- Data mining experience.
- Black Belt Certifications, process improvement experience.
- Experience with influencing upper management.
We offer comprehensive benefits to full time and part time employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), pension, generous paid time off and much more.
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our current opportunities and apply online, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/AssurantCareers (@AssurantCareers)
Requisition Number: 30395
Assurant - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Assurant, Inc. (Assurant) is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, it is engaged in providing specialized insurance products and...