The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for several general ledger and financial accounting assignments including specific month -end close tasks. In addition, this position assists with the analysis and preparation of the monthly reporting packages, the annual operating plan, and monthly forecast. As well, this position will prepare ad hoc financial analysis to support business growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Utilize Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing tools, to reduce process variation, eliminate non-value added activities and defects and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensure key accounting routines are completed accurately and timely. These include: 1. Journal entry preparation and postings. 2. Account reconciliations and account reviews. 3. Maintain standard cost, inventory and related accounts. 4. Prepare and explain monthly analytics of company profitability. 5. Responsible for monitoring & reporting for employee related programs, including Concur expense reporting and relocation expense.
- Manage inventory valuation processes and product costing to include semi-annual physical inventory and maintenance of inventory related master data in JD Edwards. Responsibility includes identification and resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting.
- Assist in monitoring cost and product line profitability analysis.
- Assist in preparation and analysis of annual budgeting and monthly forecast process.
- Assist with preparation of ad hoc financial analysis as required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Report immediately any errors, irregularities or significant adjustments or journal entries as they occur.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
- Provides backup for other Accounting Positions
- Assists with the coordination of audits/reviews performed by internal and external auditors.
- Recommends, coordinates and assists with the implementation, improvement and maintenance of accounting control and financial systems.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data as required. Applies knowledge of financial expense, budget and internal accounting control as required.
BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting or Finance required. Prior work experience in accounting / finance function, which included inventory accounting responsibilities. Strong analytical skills required. Must have good problem solving, organization, and communication skills. Detail and process oriented. Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of GAAP. Good oral and written communication skills necessary. Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, work independently, and work well with others. Works effectively in a team environment, within and outside of the Finance Department. Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Idex Corporation - 18 months ago
The big idea at IDEX is to dispense with inefficiencies and pump up profits. The company, operating through four segments, is a major...