Synacor is the country's leading provider of premium service delivery platforms and private-label portals that enable Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to easily bundle a wide variety of free and subscription-only value-added services into their Internet offering. We are looking for somebody who's passionate about all aspects of development! Someone who likes to learn new technologies and keep up to date with what’s new and what’s current.
Duties and Responsibilities:
So, if you are looking for an opportunity to team up with other passionate developers in an exciting and growing company, this is the position for you!!
- Development, documentation, and maintenance of cutting edge web-based applications in our portal.
- Player integration
- Leading technical planning and architectural exercises
- Providing technical consultation and expertise to Product Managers and other Synacor staff members.
- Conducting peer reviews in an agile environment
- Acting as a resource and mentor for colleagues; may direct the work of other staff members
- Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
What we’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or the equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 6 years of development experience in software or website development; proven experience developing large-scale database-driven applications is highly desirable
- Experience with user interface design principles and implementation including CSS3 and HTML5 (Transitions, Animations, Gradients, Rounded Corners, CSS3 Layouts)
- Experience in programming PHP is desirable
- Proficient in Unix/Linux use, shell scripting is a plus
- Able to solve problems, analyzing possible solutions in a methodical fashion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending machines. Jeans and t-shirts are typical office attire, even for the executives. Teamwork is an everyday occurrence, and is made easy with our new open work spaces. Our leadership team understands that the best results come from collaboration, so we hire the best and brightest and then let them do what they do best: create cutting-edge products and provide exemplary customer service. Synacor's headquarters is located along Buffalo's waterfront in the Erie Basin Marina. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the serenity of nature is as easy as walking 1,000 feet or so to the water. We even have a lakefront gazebo with wi-fi connection! And if that’s not enough, Synacor pays 100% of health care premiums for employees AND dependents, offers stock option participation, a healthy bonus potential and a very generous paid time off policy. Working with some of the largest cable, telecom and satellite providers, Synacor’s products and online services reach over 25 million high-speed Internet subscribers worldwide. We are looking for great people to join our team and be given the freedom to do the work they were hired to do.
- 100% Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
- Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
- Award winning company culture
- Casual dress and flexible environment
- Generous paid time off
- Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
- 25 cent vending machines
- Free Spot coffee, popcorn and cappuccino
- Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
- The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...