This position is based in San Francisco, CA and reports to the VP of Engineering.
The mission: Great Video Should Be Everywhere
Providers of high-quality video can be reluctant to put their videos online without a way to monetize. Our client provides an online marketplace for syndication where video providers, website publishers, and ad servers all make money when end users watch videos served by our client from players and playlists embedded in websites in syndication networks.
Your work is technically rock solid and visually appealing. It will be embedded in many different sites with different web page structures and styles, and viewed in many different browsers on many devices including mobile and tablets. And you are committed to working in high-performance teams that are greater than the sum of their individual parts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Working well with product managers, UX designers, and back-end engineers to implement outstanding front-end solutions to cutting-edge web development problems.
- Architecting and implementing players and playlist products that enable our customers to embed video playlists into their sites and configure them to their needs.
- Embracing emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Setting and advocating technical and design standards for front-end work and mentoring other front-end engineers accordingly.
- Managing your own time, and working well as part of a high-performance team.
- Launching, iterating, learning from, and improving your work continuously.
- Providing front-end engineering expertise to make RealGravity better for our users and our customers.
- 4 years of experience in software development; in-depth experience developing numerous web-based applications.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Experience with emerging web standards including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with emerging front-end automated testing frameworks (e.g. JS unit tests, Jasmine, Selenium).
- Experience with a scripting language such as Ruby.
- BA/MS in Computer Science or equivalent (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- Experience working in Linux environments.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails