Zynga is looking for a talented and versatile Lead Game Designer to join us in building on the success of Zynga Poker! Finding ways to bring the timeless game of poker to audiences around the world, this position bridges the gap between creative vision and the savvy execution of ideas. The successful candidate will work alongside a top-caliber team including management, senior product managers, and engineers to create genuinely fun and social gameplay in the world’s largest online poker game . The Lead must not only have a specific knowledge of the design and theory of poker but also a passion for poker culture, an appreciation for the motivations of poker players (from the novice to the core player alike), and the aptitude to vigilantly serve as an advocate for the player. The Lead Game Designer will oversee a team of talented designers and foster a rich design culture that celebrates smart innovation and quality gameplay. This is a unique opportunity to drive the game design and player experience on a vastly popular game where your ideas will be enjoyed by millions of players every day!
- Simultaneously manage design challenges over multiple projects or feature areas.
- Work closely with designers, producers, product managers, engineers, and artists to design and prototype new gameplay concepts and systems.
- Envision and draft plans for creating new tools and improving existing tools that make the design pipeline faster and more efficient for the team.
- Pitch, review and greenlight new features and functionality for Zynga Poker to studio leadership.
- Use player behavior data with intuitive game design to brilliantly create and evolve fun.
- Be a thought leader and visionary of the studio. Be a strong advocate of good design practices to both benefit the player and enrich the team.
- Hire, manage and coach top design talent.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all major poker variants, especially No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em.
- Working knowledge of casino games such as slot machines, bingo, and table games.
- Understanding of the casino market and best practices across web and mobile platforms.
- Deep understanding of games and what makes them fun. Experience with multiplayer social games is a large plus.
- Degree in game design, or 7 years of equivalent video gaming industry or casino gaming industry experience with successful, mass-market games.
- Management of small to medium teams where you are hands on in the design while managing game designers.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and data-driven design and development.
- Experience with Excel or similar spreadsheet software.
- Experience with PowerPoint or similar presentation software.
- Ability to sketch and storyboard concepts and experience pitching such concepts to stakeholders
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, decision making and analysis skills.
Zynga - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard