The Lead Housekeeper performs a variety of duties for the cleaning and maintenance of the hospital and/or clinic. The primary responsibility of the Lead Housekeeper is to provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Lead Housekeeper cleans offices, patient rooms, guest rooms, bathrooms, lavatories, halls, food service areas, patient service areas and any other area that may need attention. In addition, the Lead Housekeeper may assist with day-to-day operations (i.e., hiring, training, department performance).
- Cleans light fixtures, ceiling and vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows and window coverings, floores and carpets, restroom fixtures and showers.
- Replenishes paper and plastic products.
- Moves furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Hangs draperies (to include cubicle and shower curtains).
- Sets-up tables and chairs in auditorium or halls.
- Pushes/pulls cleaning cart or flatbed, carry buckets.
- Operates equipment such as vacuum cleaner.
- Maintains equipment and wears protective clothing as required by the work environment or government regulations.
- May also train workers engaged in cleaning and maintaining the premises.
- Continuouslyassessesthe department’s performance and makes recommendations for improvements to department management.
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the department.
- May participate in selecting vendors for needed services.
- May assist in the hiring of competent staff.
- Participates in providing input on staff competency via a peer review process.
- Participates in day-to-day staffing and scheduling of employees.
- Accountable for knowing and adhering to appropriate policies and procedures and for providing input for any revisions.
- R eports any issues of harassment and discrimination to department management, per company policy.
- Education: High School graduate or G.E.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of three years housekeeping experience in a hospital or healthcare environment is required. One year supervisory experience preferred.
The mission of the Arkansas Heart Hospital is, in partnership with our physicians and employees, to deliver state of the art cardiovascular...