Strategically aligns business objectives with associates and management in designated business units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Champion’s performance and talent management processes with business partner groups and throughout the organization. This includes but is not limited to: Succession Planning, Talent Reviews, Associate Surveys, and Workforce Planning.
2. Acts as the steward for attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent at Grange.
3. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures.
4. Works closely with associates at all levels on associate relations issues and serves in a problem solving capacity as needed (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action).
5. Guides and facilitates change management plans as needed.
6. Manages and co-ordinates recruitment and contract placement firms.
7. Liaises with HR partners on the co-ordination of FMLA, Short term disability, Unemployment and Workers’ compensation programs.
8. In co-ordination with General Counsel, identifies HR policy needs or modifications to ensure local and state legal compliance.
9. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
10. May lead other Human Resources support functions.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Represents Grange in the community via active participation in Human Resources organizations and establishes professional contacts with other companies.
2. Conducts exit interviews and interfaces with management in a problem identification/solving capacity.
3. Conducts new employee benefits orientation as back up when needed.
4. Performs special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and five years professional Human Resources experience preferred.
- Masters degree preferred.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Independent judgment and decisiveness.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 6 months ago