Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker
Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading
producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and
inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and
engine systems and components for the aerospace
industry. We design and build equipment for virtually
every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers
look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher
reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the
positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both
our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of
core company values. As a result, our business growth is
impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members
share in the success that results from that growth.
LEAD HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Lead Hydraulic Systems Engineer will provide
technical leadership and programmatic support for the
design, analysis, test, and certification of aerospace
hydraulic systems. Will participate in other related
functions in support of a growing and expanding
Hydraulic System business within Parker. Will take
direction from and report directly to the Hydraulic
System Technology Team Leader.
system architectures that meet Customer requirements and
- Conduct Trade Studies, conceive, and analyze hydraulic
are suitable for Airworthiness Certification.
system and associated components, specifically including
- Conduct analysis to appropriately size hydraulic
but not limited to the following:
1) pressure drop analysis ensuring that hydraulic system
provides required flow and pressure to all aircraft
hydraulic users during all operating conditions,
2) transient pressure analysis to ensure the system does
not have excessive supply and return pressure
3) component sizing (i.e. reservoirs, priority valves,
pumps, filters, etc.),
4) pump suction circuit design to ensure pumps do not
cavitate during operation, and
5) system thermal analysis.
and Hydraulic System Technical Specification.
- Prepare Hydraulic System Sizing and Analysis Reports
system control and CAS messaging logic (utilizing
- Support development of and approval of hydraulic
Boolean logic) and system architecture. Support
CAS/CMC/control logic integration with the Customer and
their avionic and electrical power system supplier
discussions with internal and Customer team members
- Interpret certification requirements and lead
related to hydraulic system design and certification
compliance. Prepare hydraulic system certification
schematics utilizing SAE AS1290 symbology or equivalent.
- Prepare and maintain Hydraulic System simplified
Simplified schematics are prepared utilizing VISIO and
detailed schematics are prepared using CATIA.
procedures required to adequately checkout hydraulic
- Assist in the development of production line test
system prior to flight testing and during production.
Flight Test Procedures necessary to ensure Safety of
- Prepare Aircraft Hydraulic System Ground Test and
Flight, Analysis Validation, and Certification. Review
and approve system and flight test reports.
testing. Lead design team through troubleshooting
- Support component and system-level development
efforts utilizing root cause analysis and corrective
procedures and review & approve flight test reports.
- Support development of hydraulic system flight test
other System-Level Customer Documents.
- Support development of Aircraft Flight Manual and
electrical engineering; advanced degree preferred.
- Bachelor degree (BS) in mechanical, aerospace or
functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential
years of related experience.
design, analysis and certification.
- Direct experience in aerospace hydraulic systems
such as flight controls, high lift systems, landing
- Basic understanding of aircraft hydraulic functions
gear, thrust reversers, and electrical systems.
required. Candidate will be required to effectively
- Effective organizational and leadership skills
manage multiple program/ tasks in parallel.
Additionally, candidate must be self-motivated and
effectively lead design team efforts.
must be demonstrated. Candidate must effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
communicate with Customer.
installation guidelines (AS 5440, ARP 4752, AS 8775,
- Familiarity with Hydraulic System design and
ARP 994, and AS 1290 is highly desired).
- Working knowledge of FAR/JAR Part 25.1435 is highly
- Experience with the use of EASY5 (preferred) and/or
is highly desired: Microsoft Excel / Word /
- Working knowledge of the following software products
PowerPoint / Vision, TKSolver, CATIA.
sites in the U.S. and internationally.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time to customer
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your
online application at parker.com/careers referencing job
code # 13287. A cover letter summarizing experience
against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident status required
Req. Code : 13287
Division/Department : AAG - HSD Kalamazoo
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Skills : Engineering - > Project Management, Design
Offer Relocation : Yes
Parker Hannifin - 22 months ago
Parker-Hannifin operates on a big scale (its motion control equipment helped sink a replica of the Titanic in the Academy Award-winning...