Create and maintain quality system requirements that are used by application programmers to automate business functions based upon the project plan. Provide leadership to other System Analysts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Provides system leadership, mentoring, and training.
2. Evaluates proposed system changes on complex applications to determine effort, impact, and time line within their area of responsibility.
3. Considers system capacity, limitations, and operating time while completing assignments.
4. Interprets requirements (written or oral) into technical program specifications for projects within their area of responsibility.
5. Participates in analytical activities throughout the software development lifecycle.
6. Generates complex software requirements, document and manage them throughout the software development lifecycle.
7. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications systems analysis including but not limited to program design, testing, debugging, documenting, configuring, installing, etc.
8. Has system assurance responsibilities and after hours on call support.
9. Self-monitors assignments to report status to project teams and management.
10. Interacts and communicates effectively with all business contacts.
11. Responsible for project completion and user satisfaction on complex assignments.
12. Use system and business knowledge to optimize delivery and quickly resolve issues.
13. Translates complex business and system needs for developers.
14. Drives quality improvements - measures, monitors and analyzes production quality trends.
15. Ensure complex system solutions provided meet business needs.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
1. At a minimum share weekly assigned tasks and effort for both project progress and system issues.
2. Update the Performance Objectives/Evaluation document.
3. Make suggestions and track internal and external EODB.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements Associate’s degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent education and experience preferred. Must have an in-depth knowledge of at least one application programming system / platform and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis activities. Must possess very good problem solving, interpersonal and communications skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills and abilities as generally acquired through three years of experience. Should be willing to develop an understanding of the insurance business.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 20 months ago