Do you enjoy seeing patterns and trends in data…and explaining those patterns and trends to others? Have a keen eye for detail and a drive to analyze? Want to be part of a team charged with providing key University Administrators with the tools they need to make informed decisions? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, the Institutional Research department at Ashford University sounds like a great fit for you! Our office may be business casual, but we’re serious about our data. Are you?
The Lead Institutional Research Analyst position is a full-time employment opportunity. Located in San Diego, CA the Lead Institutional Research Analyst supports the University-wide efforts to manage and maintain institutional data and reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develop standardized practices that the team will follow when conducting the collection, analysis, and interpretation of selected institutional data.
• Develop best practices that the team will follow when selecting data elements under given conditions. Determine the conditions and the appropriate data element.
• Anticipate reporting needs as requests for information flow into the department. Estimate reporting time and resource requirements for timely product delivery. Make recommendations to supervisors accordingly.
Additional Job Duties (include but are not limited to):
• Develop methodologies for enhanced internal and external reporting and analytical capabilities through improved data transformation and management.
• Construct best practices for the team to follow for interpreting results and trends using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via descriptive statistical analysis to complex data mining.
• Coordinate with multiple stakeholders and respond to complex internal data requests for use in conducting informed organizational and institutional planning, evaluation, operational improvements, predictive analysis and decision making.
• Coordinate with multiple stakeholders and respond to complex external data requests from governmental agencies and other associations; including IPEDS, national and state surveys, accreditation and licensure requests, and other miscellaneous sources.
• Manage multiple requests/projects simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
• Develop and manage standard operating procedures to ensure data standards and supporting policies are followed to ensure data integrity for report creation and dissemination.
• Coordinate with other departments to establish the data infrastructure needed for business decisions.
• Serve as a technical resource/consultant to other IR staff as well as other company personnel.
• Develop processes for team members to follow that result in improved accuracy of data.
• Continuously seek out new methods of maximizing technology in analysis and planning
• Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
• Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
• Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
• Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
• Advanced level SQL coding experience using various type of joins, stored procedures, views and functions, preferably in SQL Server 2008
• Ability to develop processes and procedures to ensure quality of the data.
• Demonstrated expert level spreadsheet, database, as well as high level word processing and internet research skills, including MS Excel and MS Access.
• A solid understanding of statistical analysis using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, linear regression and logistic regression and the use of anyone of the following statistical packages: SAS, SPSS, JMP or R
• Knowledge of research design and statistical methodologies, preferably in education and the social sciences.
• Ability to organize and present complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Keen attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to regularly work independently utilizing discretion and independent judgment over matters of significance in a fast paced environment and possess the reasoning, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills necessary to work with teams of various university constituents. An exceptionally high degree of responsibility, creativity and latitude is required.
• Experience in supervision and providing quality control on the work of analysts and finding ways for more efficient work process
• Experience in getting user requirements and providing detailed work specifications and documentation.
• Ability to work as a team player, maintain a high level of confidentiality, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain a high level of accuracy, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals.
• Experience with Tableau, Crystal Reports, MS Access, XML, VBA and CampusVue is preferred.
• Master's degree or higher in an appropriate social science or quantitative discipline required, with a minimum of five years of progressive work experience on data analysis, reporting procedures and/or assessment methods
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at Campus Security & Fire Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...