JOB SUMMARY: Leads a team/work group in all mail services activities and operations including receiving, sorting, routing and distributing incoming mail as well as the collection and processing of outgoing mail.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Supervisor; no direct reports but typically serves as group/team leader.
1. Leads a team responsible for the receipt, sorting and distribution of all incoming mail. Leads a team responsible for mailroom operations regarding the processing and dispatch of outing mail.
2. Leads all activities associated with the control and administration of records on postage expenditures and costs as well as registered mail and packages.
3. Provides advise to other departments regarding governmental and postal regulations as well as mail distribution problems. Leads in all complaint resolution regarding mail operations from internal customers.
4. Leads the operation and maintenance of all mailroom equipment including the mail conveyor, inserters, slitters, calculator and postage meters. Responsible for the expedition of requests and service calls for equipment repair and maintenance. Oversees the set up and administration of correspondence and batch files. Determines and establishes new field office mail codes and manages the current listings.
5. Leads in the coordination and review of incoming mail volumes and service level agreements to ensure that all mail processing and customer service needs are addressed and resolved in a timely manner and within the standard guidelines. Identifies and recommends 5olutions to management on complex work processing problems.
6. Leads in the management and administration of all processing and production records. Leads in the analysis and communication to management regarding mail operation expense and performance as well as advanced mail-processing problems.
7 Assists the supervisor in the development and implementation of policies, practices, standards and procedures in regards to mail operations for the department.
8 Leads in the management and administration of all supply inventory and fulfillment activities. Assists in the testing, evaluation and selection of package and mail handling equipment that will ensure efficient service operations for all areas or responsibility.
9. Leads all functions associated with the operation of an assigned mail unit and/or team. Determines work assignment and monitors processes/procedures to ensure that time deadlines are met. Ensures all mail unit and/or team activity meets or exceeds established standards and customer service expectations. Provides training activity for a mail unit and/or team personnel.
10. Associates in Shared Services are required to assist in setting up conference rooms and events as requested by customers in locations where this service is requested, to include but not limited to rearranging furniture (tables and chairs), setting up audio visual equipment, etc.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Four years of mailroom operations experience.
Knowledge: Must have thorough knowledge in administration and clerical procedures. Must have a proven knowledge of postal rates and processing requirements for all classes of mail. Must have a thorough understanding in mail service policies, practices and procedures.
Skills: Must have the ability to lead and train employees in all aspects of mail processing and distribution functions. Must have the ability to analyze and index questionable documents. Must be able to set work priorities and recommend solutions to work processing problems. Must have the ability to communicate interpersonally, via the telephone and in writing. Must be able to operate personal computers, copiers, fax machines and other mailroom equipment.
Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Director and Human Resources Representative
Working Conditions: Mailroom environment. Standing for extended periods of time, walking, stooping, lifting up to 60 pounds, higher noise levels. May require the ability to work a second or third shift. Overtime and/or extended work hours based on workload and as required by management.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Safety Sensitive: This job has been identified as a Safety Sensitive (SS) position and in accordance with our substance free work place program may be subject to random alcohol and other drug testing.
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (non-exempt)
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 23 months ago
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...